2000 Audi A4 with old tint

Guest muzikmann

Guest muzikmann

I've got a black 2000 Audi A4. The previous owner had the windows tinted some time ago. The tint is now wavy/rippled. I have no idea what tint it has, only where it was done. I'm looking to get new tint eventually. I've got a couple questions though.

1) ?hat is a good tint to use? I'm mostly looking to control the temperature inside. I've been reading up and I'm thinking getting the net to 25% all around except the windshield. I'll be moving to Texas here in the next year.

2) I've heard there are reflective tints too. Would that be something to consider? Or would a "normal" tint do ok?

3) All that being said, how much should I expect to spend? And will I pay extra to have the current tint removed?

Thanks

Guest djtekk707

At my tint shop I charge a pretty penny for removing old tint. As for the tint try to get a shop with the following films suntek, solar gard, global, llumar. The shop should be able to tell you a little about each type of film and, which 1 will be best for you. Dont be scared with the price that any shop gives you but, DO MAKE SURE THE FILM HAS LIFETIME WARRANTY SO YOU DONT HAVE TO REPLACE FILM AGAIN.

Good Luck

"Get It Darker"-Window Tinting

where in TX are you movin? There are some great members on here all over Texas who offer great services. They'll probably be hiding though since we all hate to remove old crappy window tint.

I'd expect to pay just as much to remove the old stuff as it will cost to install the new stuff. Maybe a little more for the install if you go with a higher quality film.

Guest muzikmann
where in TX are you movin? There are some great members on here all over Texas who offer great services. They'll probably be hiding though since we all hate to remove old crappy window tint.

I'd expect to pay just as much to remove the old stuff as it will cost to install the new stuff. Maybe a little more for the install if you go with a higher quality film.

I'm not exactly sure where I'll be. I'm from the Dallas area originally. I'm hoping either the D/FW metroplex, Austin, or Houston areas. Depending on where I can get the best job. When I get around to doing the tint, I'll make it worth their while...throw in a case of "cold barley soup" for the trouble. Definitely going to throw on some good film though. It's worth it in the long run. Anything to make it cooler on the inside and hotter on the outside.

I'd get it done once you decide on where you move and find a good local shop on this forum. Then if you have warranty issues they are near to you.

My sister just moved to Austin an loves it, she is a person who appreciates the "weird" that Austin embraces!

:twocents

Archived