hang dry matrix

Guest Peja43916

Guest Peja43916

So I decided to try the hang dry method for the dot matrix on a 2005 Accord Coupe and it did not work. What I did was tint as normal, then heat just below where the matrix started so the tint won't come off window, peeled tint off matrix , let dry for about 5 minutes or so, heated window on top of matrix and then squeegeed tint down. It seemed to come out worse than normal. I tried it with letting it sit for about 10 or 15 minutes to dry and that also did not work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help or info. What method do you guys usually use for this car?

get some glue little kids use for school. its blue, in a squeeze bottle with an orange twist top and says it "non-drip" and "non-run" I believe. we use it at a shop I work at and it work amazing. just let the tint hang and dry like you tried for 5 minutes or so then put a bead of it along the bottom of the dots where the tint meets the dots, take a gold soft card and wrap it in a paper towel or 2 and push the glue up half way up the dots along the whole window then do it all over again to the top and wipe access off. works amazingly well! every now and then you might run into a small white spot, just take a little heat to it from the outside of the glass then squeegy it out. good luck!

every now and then you might run into a small white spot, just take a little heat to it from the outside of the glass then squeegy it out. good luck!

just be careful with this... I broke my glass with this method. but it works actually. just don't focus on one spot

Guest FilmBlazer
Hang dry sucks balls.

I use Elmers Gel Glue.

lol well said Fiveo... I have also started using the glue and I like it... It distorts the view from the inside of the vehicle but the area is not used for viewing anyways. From the exterior its teets.

Archived