"Bullet resistant" window film

Guest Mitch

We did an independent ballistic test up here with the RCMP - 3 different film thicknesses, 3 types of guns, 3 distances. All failed.

First off, you SUCK!!

I have made more than a hundred ballistic tests, with all kind of glass, with all kind of thickness (of glass AND film), shot from different agles AND with different bullets!!

Result:

A 14mil film on a 1/2" will stop an ordinary 9mm bullet fired from a short distance, shot up front, I.e. directly at 90 deg angle. It has not to be ACE to do that, any film of that thickness with such a bullet with such a thick glass will do that, personally I will stand behind that glass!!

A 7mil film in front won't change the result, nor does a 14 or 15mil, nor does if you use laminated glass, tempered glass or normal glass! PERIOD

Believe it or NOT.....

I believe....We did it...But - afraid reccomend :thumb

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, no matter your opinion on who sucks, I would love to have you come here and try that test while standing behind it. Just please sign the full liability release before hand!!! If you did those tests, lets see the video on it, it would be very interesting. If I may ask, which testing facility and what group helped and witnessed these tests?? Tint Whisperer had the Royal Canadian Mounted Police witness his tests, as he stated.

Man, I don't have to prove anything to anybody, much less to you!! I have done more ballistic tests with security film than probaly anybody else in this world, I don't need to record it on video, nor do I have to have an official protocol (which I'm not saying I don't have)!! I'm not selling ACE nor any particular brand of film, all I'm saying is that any kind of thick security film will stop a NORMAL 9mm bullet, PERIOD!! Ohh, BTW, I don't need 3 weeks let alone 3 months of curing to make a test, 2-3 days, you shoot and I stay behind that glass, 1/2" glass, your choice of 12-15mil film, my choice of 9mm bullet!!

As a matter of fact, I'm a mechanical engineer!! Whatever you say sounds beautifull.... Have you shot ONCE (in your live) at a 1/2" glass film first??

Sorry, my friend, but proof is proof and words are just that. I've seen Leos tests. And as he says, still would'nt recommend it. As I stated before, as fragile this area of our industry is, making claims can lead the uneducated consumer down the wrong path. Should someone miss the information that it MUST be mounted on 1/2" glass and have film installed on 1/4" double pane could have catastropic consequences. And, there have been test done that have failed, along with those that have passed. The liability that could be incurred in this area becomes too great when human lives are involved. IMHO

Well, no matter your opinion on who sucks, I would love to have you come here and try that test while standing behind it. Just please sign the full liability release before hand!!! :lol If you did those tests, lets see the video on it, it would be very interesting. If I may ask, which testing facility and what group helped and witnessed these tests?? Tint Whisperer had the Royal Canadian Mounted Police witness his tests, as he stated.

Just for the record....Tint Whisperer is a she :rollin

Guest tint whisperer

Ok you yahoo - vzla-tint - you don't need to be insulting that's just plain rude. :rollin

I recommend "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnige

Sorry, my friend, but proof is proof and words are just that. I've seen Leos tests. And as he says, still would'nt recommend it. As I stated before, as fragile this area of our industry is, making claims can lead the uneducated consumer down the wrong path. Should someone miss the information that it MUST be mounted on 1/2" glass and have film installed on 1/4" double pane could have catastropic consequences. And, there have been test done that have failed, along with those that have passed. The liability that could be incurred in this area becomes too great when human lives are involved. IMHO

That's why I don't feel any sympathy with Mr. Fabian or their like who claim loudly they can achieve bullet resistance with "their" security film, there are many factors that have to be considered to make such a claim. At the end of the day, I don't need any official proof because every case is different and requires a different combination of film to achieve the clients requirements. What is more important for me than any official paper is that I can sleep good at night after an installation that required ballistic resistance! As a matter of fact, our installation stopped bullets in real live on several occasions already!!

Not all 9mm bullets are the same. Just like, let`s say, a 3 series BMW. A 318 is not the same as a M3, RIGHT!! A normal 9mm lead bullet will be stopped by 1/2" glass + 12-15mil film, that's a fact! A 9mm FMJ bullet won't be stopped by this combination. We stop 9mm FMJ bullets on 8mm glass (0.31 inch), that's a fact also!!

Not everybody has to deal with THIS

banesco-2.jpg

Our clients are glad that we do take our business serious

banesco-3.jpg

We have lost many huge jobs just because some other fools offer 8mil film as bullet resistant. Also, people have been killed down here because somebody installed them 8mil and their car and said it's bullet proof!!

This is exactly the issue I mean. Some clown touting 8 mil as bullet resistant. And a death camefrom it. And just how many criminals will follow the 'rules' and use only the correct bullet size?? This tends to be a slippery slope. Some bozo pulls out a cannon sized pistol and the occupant on the other side of the glass has a false sense of security. When the bullet comes through and hits them, who is to blame??? To me, it is the installer that claimed the glass was bullet resistant. No criminal follows the 'industry standard' and only shoots with the ammo that you and others use intesting. So, this false sense of security given to the end user is wrong. Could be criminally wrong. It is my opinion that 'bullet resistant' films get touted as a save all by too many who think that it is. There are too many variables in it that could end in someones death. This only proves to hurt our industry, not help it. In selling this type of film, the end user is not educated enough to know exactly what the film will and won't do, and too many bottom feeding installers do not explain it properly to them.

Oh yes, Tint Whisperer, sorry about the gender mix-up..............................

Ok you yahoo - vzla-tint - you don't need to be insulting that's just plain rude. :beer

I recommend "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnige

I think he is just positive it will work in SOME CASES. I don’t think he means to be rude. :eyebrows This is a big deal where he is from and I bet he knows what he is talking about. Have you seen crime statistics for his area of the world? Ace sucks and I believe they gave a bad name to the whole issue with their claims.

Stan

Guest tint whisperer

Stan - anytime anyone says "you suck" I think is being rude in my books.

No matter what, I would not sell any security film and make those claims. I understand different regions have different needs and different sales techniques.

I need to sleep at night and I couldn't stand having someone's life lost . . . due to inaccurate claims.

All's good. Venting done.

See and no insults were required.

Guest vclimber
I believe....We did it...But - afraid reccomend :rollin

You guys threw grenades at your film. :rollin:rollin

Stan - anytime anyone says "you suck" I think is being rude in my books.

See and no insults were required.

:rollin Kind of harsh but I'll take a "you suck" or even a "jackazz" any day over STFU or some of the other unmentionables that get lobbed at others around here. :rollin

Archived