"Bullet resistant" window film

Guest Mitch

I think vzla's environment as well as experience is worth a little more than what y'all are dishin' out.

Just maybe it was a tad bit cost prohibitive to retrofit a huge office building with ballistic rated fenestration.

Just maybe the people behind those particular windows are pretty glad vzla had been there.

Just maybe the reason to do it is REALLY about the stray shots that can kill some innocent schmuck

ten stories up, not a straight on assassination type shot.

C'mon bullpup, If you're gonna participate in a forum, don't introduce yourself by bashin' on your first post!

Whatever your agenda is, you can make your point but let's have a little fun while we're here! :twocents

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintjam65
C'mon bullpup, If you're gonna participate in a forum, don't introduce yourself by bashin' on your first post!

I don't where that happened. :dunno

Excellent points Bulldog, but also keep an open-mind to what possibilities are out there beside the tried and true. Sometimes it does take a person completely foreign to a particular trade or craft to be the out-of-the-box thinker who comes away with a new idea. :beer

Guest Bulldog Direct

Excellent points Bulldog, but also keep an open-mind to what possibilities are out there beside the tried and true. Sometimes it does take a person completely foreign to a particular trade or craft to be the out-of-the-box thinker who comes away with a new idea. :lol

Guest Bulldog Direct

Excellent points Bulldog, but also keep an open-mind to what possibilities are out there beside the tried and true. Sometimes it does take a person completely foreign to a particular trade or craft to be the out-of-the-box thinker who comes away with a new idea. :lol

Point well made. You are absolutely correct sometimes it does take an out-of-the-box thinker to come up with a new solution.

I'm sure the Ballistics Industry would welcome a new solution for Bullet Resistant Glass. I would welcome your efforts .You can get your new product tested by H.P. White Ballistic Testing Laboratories Inc. http://www.hpwhite.com/ for a nominal fee. You would need to meet either NIJ or U.L. Ballistic test criteria. http://www.ul.com/global/eng/pages/ http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/.

Look forward to hearing about your ballistic testing. Sorry, I'm not trying to " Bash" or offend anyone just commenting on statements already made.

I don't where that happened. :thumb

Excellent points Bulldog, but also keep an open-mind to what possibilities are out there beside the tried and true. Sometimes it does take a person completely foreign to a particular trade or craft to be the out-of-the-box thinker who comes away with a new idea. :thumb

Point well made. You are absolutely correct sometimes it does take an out-of-the-box thinker to come up with a new solution.

I'm sure the Ballistics Industry would welcome a new solution for Bullet Resistant Glass. I would welcome your efforts .You can get your new product tested by H.P. White Ballistic Testing Laboratories Inc. http://www.hpwhite.com/ for a nominal fee. You would need to meet either NIJ or U.L. Ballistic test criteria. http://www.ul.com/global/eng/pages/ http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/.

Look forward to hearing about your ballistic testing. Sorry, I'm not trying to " Bash" or offend anyone just commenting on statements already made.

I was always pessimistic to so called lab tests.

I still can't understand WHY glass is tested ONLY with 5 bullets of AK-74 by EU standarts.

Man with AK will shoot all 30 which he have.

Other thing - lab conditions are very faaaaaaar from life.

This is my personall opinion...

No, lab tests are quite good.

But quite far from life.

Guest Bulldog Direct
You guys threw grenades at your film. :thumb:thumb

Grenade is quite different thing and different mechanic

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvrkDIezfkY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvrkDIezfkY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvrkDIezfkY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

There are quite a few accredited Ballistic Testing Laboratories throughout the world. They all test Ballistics to exact specifications.

EN Standard - European Standard EN 1063 are listed in levels of protection from B-1, B-2, B-3, B-4, B-5,B-6, and B-7

With 3 shots in 4.3" to 5.1" triangle. That does not mean the glass will only take three shots it will likely take many more ,I have photos of an armored Chevrolet Suburban armored to CEN level B-6 which is protection from 3 shots from a 7.62 x51 NATO, 308 Win. The rounds are traveling from from 2690 to 2750 ft per sec. The vehicle was hit with automatic weapons fire with numerous rounds hitting the vehicle, and there were no penetrations. Ballistic Testing is very critical in establishing rated glass systems, armor levels and threat levels. These tests are repeatable. If you came to me and said I need to stop a .50 Caliber Armor Piercing round I would then know that my Glass-Clad Polycarbonate Bullet Resistant Glass that is 4.25"Thick and weighs 48 lbs per sq. ft. will stop your requested round and lesser threats.As it has been tested and certified to do so.

Guest Bulldog Direct

I was always pessimistic of so called lab tests.

I still can't understand WHY glass is tested ONLY with 5 bullets of AK-74 by EU standarts.

But quite far from life.

There are quite a few well established and accredited Ballistic Testing Laboratories throughout the world. They all test Ballistics to exact specifications. There are also very large U.S. government labs that also do testing and manufacturing of armor systems.

EN Standard - European Standard EN 1063 are listed in levels of protection from B-1, B-2, B-3, B-4, B-5,B-6, and B-7

With 3 shots in 4.3" to 5.1" triangle. That does not mean the glass will only take three shots it will likely take many more ,I have photos of an armored Chevrolet Suburban armored to CEN level B-6 which is protection from 3 shots from a 7.62 x51 NATO, 308 Win. The rounds are traveling from from 2690 to 2750 ft per sec. The vehicle was hit with automatic weapons fire with numerous rounds hitting the vehicle, and there were no penetrations. Ballistic Testing is very critical in establishing rated glass systems, armor levels and threat levels. These tests are repeatable. If you came to me and said I need to stop a .50 Caliber Armor Piercing round I would then know that my Glass-Clad Polycarbonate Bullet Resistant Glass that is 4.25" Thick and weighs 48 lbs per sq. ft. will stop your requested round and lesser threats. As it has been tested and certified to do so.

I was always pessimistic of so called lab tests.

But quite far from life.

There are quite a few well established and accredited Ballistic Testing Laboratories throughout the world. They all test Ballistics to exact specifications. There are also very large U.S. government labs that also do testing and manufacturing of armor systems.

With 3 shots in 4.3" to 5.1" triangle. That does not mean the glass will only take three shots it will likely take many more ,I have photos of an armored Chevrolet Suburban armored to CEN level B-6 which is protection from 3 shots from a 7.62 x51 NATO, 308 Win. The rounds are traveling from from 2690 to 2750 ft per sec. The vehicle was hit with automatic weapons fire with numerous rounds hitting the vehicle, and there were no penetrations. Ballistic Testing is very critical in establishing rated glass systems, armor levels and threat levels. These tests are repeatable. If you came to me and said I need to stop a .50 Caliber Armor Piercing round I would then know that my Glass-Clad Polycarbonate Bullet Resistant Glass that is 4.25" Thick and weighs 48 lbs per sq. ft. will stop your requested round and lesser threats. As it has been tested and certified to do so.

All that is nice and I realize HOW all these labs make money.

But believe man who saw how fly real bullets to real armored cars - look quite different, and seems this bullets know nothing about triangles, fourangles and other angles.

Bullet fly like it want and kill like it want.

All these defence help first minute.

Of course tests are needed.

But they are really far from real life.

We are working last 2-3 on our own system of tests we call it "REAL LIFE TESTS".

It is quite different from lab tests - and of course we will never get any sertification.

But for simple people our tests show much more than any paper sertificate.

Same with EN 356 - very strange standart, especially part P6B P7B.

Very strange - who will kick 50 times one glass?

Archived