"Bullet resistant" window film

Guest Mitch

Guest Bulldog Direct
All that is nice and I realize HOW all these labs make money.

But believe man who saw how fly real bullets to real armored cars - look quite different, and seems this bullets know nothing about triangles, fourangles and other angles.

Bullet fly like it want and kill like it want.

All these defense help first minute.

Of course tests are needed.

But they are really far from real life.

We are working last 2-3 on our own system of tests we call it "REAL LIFE TESTS".

It is quite different from lab tests - and of course we will never get any certification.

But for simple people our tests show much more than any paper certificate.

Same with EN 356 - very strange standard, especially part P6B P7B.

Very strange - who will kick 50 times one glass?

Bullet Resistant Glass is used in "REAL LIFE TESTS" every day. That is what it is designed and tested to do And proper testing is crucial to the end user to assure them that they have a real product that will work in a real life or death situation. You are absolutely correct no one can predict how a bullet will travel, and or trajectory. But knowing the bullets speed, weight, grain and muzzle velocity it is quite easy to design and manufacturer a unit of Bullet Resistant Glass that will stop repeated impacts from this given round. Any Bullet Resistant Glass system, if shot enough time will eventually loose it's ability to stop a ballistic threat. That is a given fact. European Standard EN 356 is not a Ballistic Test Specification. Bullet Resistant Glass is very capable of offering protection from forced entry and prolonged attack from hammers, hatchets, baseball bats, sledge hammers pick ax, as well as ballistics.. I don't think Ballistic Testing labs are in it for the money a few are non profit organizations. Ballistic testing costs about $200-$300 per test

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bulldog Direct
Bullet En 1063 - seems I know standarts :spit

Cool good to see that you know CEN 1063 Ballistic Standards. However I haven't' seen you post any official ballistic test reports done on your window tinting film? tested to CEN 1063............... I have to wonder why?

Bullet En 1063 - seems I know standarts :lock

Cool good to see that you know CEN 1063 Ballistic Standards. However I haven't' seen you post any official ballistic test reports done on your window tinting film? tested to CEN 1063............... I have to wonder why?

We didn't do any official BALLISTIC TESTS FOR WINDOW FILMS, because for that purpose we use glass, which was tested in many places.

Films we tested for own knowledge. And - sometimes - it works.

Telling again - may be I have bad knowledge in shrinking, but not in bullets :please

I deal with that since 1984...

th_M2U00280.jpg

Guest Bulldog Direct
I have to wonder why?

Leo needs no approval.

:lol:lol:beer:lol

:thumb

Leo may not need approval...........BUT any glass he sells should....Leo should be able to back his "Bullet Resistant Film" shooting with independent testing. The shots look to be a very low velocity maybe a 380 at most with on round even penetrating the glass. The impact areas seem very small the the cracks and spidering of the glass seems odd, I would like to see him stand behind his glass and be shot at,

Guest Bulldog Direct
Bullet En 1063 - seems I know standarts :thumb

We didn't do any official BALLISTIC TESTS FOR WINDOW FILMS, because for that purpose we use glass, which was tested in many places.

Films we tested for own knowledge. And - sometimes - it works.

Telling again - may be I have bad knowledge in shrinking, but not in bullets :beer

I deal with that since 1984...

th_M2U00280.jpg

So you do use "REAL Bullet Resistant Glass" That makes me a warm and fuzzy. I would like to see your test reports. I deal in Ballistic glass dally,. selling to local police and government agencies, armored vehicle builders etc. all of our glass is tested

Bulldog, I don´t think Leo has ever said his film was bullet resistant, I´m saying all along that I can effectively stop bullets with security film, and I sure would stand behind the glass, no problem.

Regarding the tests for bullet proof glass, we do some tests for our bullet proof glass for vehicles ourselves, there is no need for us to make that official, our conscience is worth more than a piece of paper, our clients trust us.

30612_452755117575_421353192575_6000451_990852_n.jpg

NEVER! I have to be responsible for my words :thumb

Guest Bulldog Direct
Bulldog, I don´t think Leo has ever said his film was bullet resistant, I´m saying all along that I can effectively stop bullets with security film, and I sure would stand behind the glass, no problem.

Regarding the tests for bullet proof glass, we do some tests for our bullet proof glass for vehicles ourselves, there is no need for us to make that official, our conscience is worth more than a piece of paper, our clients trust us.

30612_452755117575_421353192575_6000451_990852_n.jpg

NEVER! I have to be responsible for my words :dunno

Yikes...............! that is a scary response to a serious subject of protecting people from ballistic threats, especially when you offer no proof. The photo of the glass in the blue frame clearly shows a penetration. What weapons did you shoot the film with? Had to be a very low velocity round.

Archived