Consistency

Guest OnTheDarkside
Treat them the same as everyone else. No exceptions.

So when you are in an emergency that needs immediate Police assistance do you think they should only drive the speed limit to help you as well? My point is that there are exceptions for the Police and good reason for it.

Don't get me wrong, regarding the Police-tint issue this post is based on, of course when it comes to personal vehicles the same law should apply just as it does for everyone else.

Tint on a regular Squad car seems useless but certainly there are Police vehicles out there that do require it to get the job done.

This is a topic that could generate pages of input from both sides I imagine. I think some people have to think outside the box sometimes when it comes to Police cause there's way too much bias opinion against them. (and I dont mean regarding tint)

:thumb

I have tinted several of the dr*g Task Force vehicles (mostly Expeditions & Suburbans) 5% on the front + 5% over the factory tint, 35% on the windshields. They wanted to be able to video "suspects" from inside the vehicle without being seen. If they are helping to keep that shizzle out of my community, I will tint them however dark they want. I have also done cruisers & K-9 vehicles dark, as well as prison transport vehicles. When my city or state calls on me for a service, I think there are exceptions to be made.

Guest OnTheDarkside

Haha, I love it, all you guys who say "keep the standard the same"....."treat them the same as everyone else"..........U can lie your face off all you want to anyone reading on this forum but why dont you think about how many cars you've done illegally to the cash walk in.....And then you point fingers.....tsk tsk tsk

Believe it or not, there are tint shops that strictly obey the law, as I think they should. Whether or not the illegality of the situation is legitimate, it is still !llegal. What other business do you go in and ask for something done illegally? What other company is going to put their business on the line?

As with law enforcement, me being a strict anti authoritarian , when do you draw then line and say, "OK, you are above the law, but not THAT FAR above it!"

Guest FIREMAN68

Just talk to a Houston PD cop about a couple of weeks ago and I asked him if he was going to wright himself a ticket for !llegal tint on his personal car. He told me that Cops are allowed to have !llegal tint on their cars. I asked why he said cuz they due undercover work. I told him that 35% film laws were made for cops so they can see inside the car and cops are the ones who don't care. He didn't have much to say to that. Then I told him well hope you don't get in a wreck and kill someone cuz its your ass. He didn't have much to say to that either. :rollin

dr*g Task Force vehicles (mostly Expeditions & Suburbans) 5% on the front + 5% over the factory tint. They wanted to be able to video "suspects" from inside the vehicle without being seen

This I can relate too, and totally understand. Other then that I just don't get the dark window thing on a cop car. It doesn't do squat for keeping more heat out...just light. If the light bothers them put on the Foster-Grant's and cheese out.

Archived