Incorrect experience

Guest maddtinter

Guest maddtinter

I have been in business for more than 20 years.It really gets to me when new business owners advertise that the have been in business longer than they have.Two shops in near by communities market themselves this way.I do not htink they understand that they are affecting their crediblity.Come on, the established shops know their competiton.The word gets out quick that these temporary tinters are only huirting the industry with their lies.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FilmBlazer

I have a competitor that claims to have laid over 1,000,000 sf of flat glass film in a market with very little commercial work. I hear ya, hopefully they get burned.

The unfortunate truth is nothing will happen to them unless they get reported to the States Attorney, BBB, or Department of Consumer Protection for false advertising. The general public does'nt care, they pretty much care about price. Quality only comes a far second to most. I would say drop a dime on them anonomously and let em get fined or whatever. If you run legit, you have nothing to worry about.

Guest A&RCustomTinting

I have been tinting for ten years but I opened my shop in October. I just dont advertise how long I have been in business and when a customer asks me I tell them we opened in October but I have been tinting for ten years. I do not see why people want to lie about how long they have been in business unless they just opened and have a year experience. They still should not lie they should just get more experience before they open there own shop.

I have also seen these other shops that have been in business for 20 years and they sell there business to someone that has never had any tinting experience, and the new owner still claims to have 20 years experience. I understand that the person bought an existing business but if you have no idea about that business you should not say you have 20 years experience.

I once saw an ad that said, "Our tinters have a combined 100 years of experience" :rollin

I read that same quote HERE on TINT DUDE recently. Something about 3 tinters working, which would mean a bunch of older dudes doing it (average of 33.333 years each) :lol

:nope Get it right. Our Staff has over 100 years of combined window film experience. The wording is pretty clear and intentionally so as not to mislead. We have a number of very experienced folks that are involved in automotive and/or flatglass film installation and sales.

Guest tint whisperer

I agree with HarveyD. Our shop has 10 installers. Not hard to get to 100 years experience. Especially with 3 of us at over 20 years. Choose you words carefullly and it's not misleading. :spam

Archived