Any quality companies make darker than 5%?

Guest hometheaterman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GDK Electronics

Maybe my eyes are old and tired, but that doesn't look like 5% and 20% to me. It looks more like 20% and 35%. I know others will correct me if I'm off, but that's what I see.

Guest hometheaterman

He claimed it was 5% on the rears and 20% on the fronts although the fronts did look light to me too. There are a few pictures where it looks darker.

I had just 5% on a rear of our older truck too and it did look about like that. On a cloudy day it might look black but you could see fine if it was anything but a cloudy day. I have 5% over factory on the rear of my truck now and like it a lot.

I also had 20% over the factory tint on the rear of my truck before the 5% and while it looked black in most pictures as long as the sun was out you could see in it fine. I was really unhappy with it. You could get pictures to show how it was but it was hard.

Guest hometheaterman

Here is our old truck we got for cheap with the intentions of using it to move someone once. It ended up running for years after that and was a great little truck.

It had 5% on the rear. Don't laugh at the tint job it was the first one I ever did.

Some pictures were like this and made it look black.

RearWindow-1.jpg

Then when the sun was out instead of looking black it looked like this. You could easily see right through it.

bike015.jpg

Versus here is my truck I have now with 5% over factory. It mostly looks like this. In bright sunlight you can slightly see through it but you can't see much through it.

5tintdonebyDetailsinMotiononrearsli.jpg

Guest hometheaterman
Maybe my eyes are old and tired, but that doesn't look like 5% and 20% to me. It looks more like 20% and 35%. I know others will correct me if I'm off, but that's what I see.

The owner of that truck confirmed. That's 5% on the rear windows, 20% on the side windows, a 3" strip of 5% on the windshield, and the rest of the windshield has 50% on it.

Guest GDK Electronics

The owner of that truck confirmed. That's 5% on the rear windows, 20% on the side windows, a 3" strip of 5% on the windshield, and the rest of the windshield has 50% on it.

Then the customer didn't get what he paid for. Think about it, 5% on the rear plus 50% on the windshield and you can still see right through? There's no way.

But, I'm going to gracefully bow out of this now. LOL

Guest rondy_
Even two layers of 5% you can see out of okay during the day. If you painted it black you wouldn't be able to see out anytime.

Well, if you want to go darker than 5% I think the only way would be to double layer.

If you paint it black of course you wont be able to see ANYTHING, but I did some days ago double 5% on my front windows just to see how some people are driving, to tell you the truth. I couldnt see out during the day, well, you kinda see out but it is very very uncomfortable. I got home after a short drive around the neighborhood and removed the second layer. Did not even want to know how it would be at night lol.

The darkest I would ever go would be 5% + 20%.

I dont get it, I had 3% on my volvo wagon and it didnt matter what time of day you looked at it you coud not see in. It had 35 on the front roll ups 50 on the ws and a tan interior which is always known to lighten up a tint job.

Trucks an them big ass front ws always seem to lighten up an install.

Archived