Any quality companies make darker than 5%?

Guest hometheaterman

Guest hometheaterman
I dont get it, I had 3% on my volvo wagon and it didnt matter what time of day you looked at it you coud not see in. It had 35 on the front roll ups 50 on the ws and a tan interior which is always known to lighten up a tint job.

Trucks an them big ass front ws always seem to lighten up an install.

I think that's what it is because everytime I've seen a car with 5% it looks black all the way around. However on trucks back glasses you can usually see in fine. At least the ones I've seen.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmslayer
I dont get it, I had 3% on my volvo wagon and it didnt matter what time of day you looked at it you coud not see in. It had 35 on the front roll ups 50 on the ws and a tan interior which is always known to lighten up a tint job.

Trucks an them big ass front ws always seem to lighten up an install.

I think that's what it is because everytime I've seen a car with 5% it looks black all the way around. However on trucks back glasses you can usually see in fine. At least the ones I've seen.

Maybe it's the distance between back glass and windshield :spit ...Closer light source in a truck..

Guest hometheaterman

Hmm didn't think of that. That's a good point. I'm thinking maybe it's more than angle of the rear window on most cars vs. the window is flat on most trucks. I don't know honestly.

Hmm didn't think of that. That's a good point. I'm thinking maybe it's more than angle of the rear window on most cars vs. the window is flat on most trucks. I don't know honestly.

yes that is correct in one way. back windows on trucks are sitting straight up. so you are looking in more directly.

Archived