Cornelius tank vs 3 gal hand pump bottle for flat glass

Guest Dave Lewis

Guest Dave Lewis

Hey guys, after using the 3 gal. hand pump bottles for nearly 20 years and reading about the Cornelius tank here, I’m thinking of trying one.

Never too late to try something new right. :shock

I do have some questions before I switch (I only do flat glass)

How heavy is the tank empty / full ?

How durable are they if you knock them over when near empty while on the job?

Do you mostly use a 5 gal. tank and do you fill it almost full or only about 3 gal to keep the pressure high?

Does the pressure stay constant or does it drop as you use water?

How much pressure should you use?

What’s the best way to pressurize the tank?

How many SF can you do with one tank before pressure or water has to be refilled?

I’m sure I can make my own but does anyone here still have any for sale?

Thanks Guys :spit

mine is durable although I've never knocked it over. I put about 4 gallons in it and charge it up to between 60 and 80 psi. I can do casements all day and never notice a large drop in pressure. get a portable compressor(about the size of a shoebox) to fill the tank with air.

Guest FilmBlazer

Ya you can fill the tank to whatever level you want, but they are undoubtedly heavier if you use them to capacity. I used the pump sprayers for 7 1/2 years. I'm using tanks now and I absolutely looooooooove it. Try one, its cheap and if you don't like it someone will buy it or use if for weed killer lol.

Guest VOLTRON

yea the tank is the way to go, I put about 80-100 psi in mine and I fill it to about 4 gallons sometimes all the way but I have a carrier for my tank on rollers so I dont have to carry it I can roll it. You could get a luggage carrier that you see business people using to carry thier sh|t and just strap it to that. Mine gets knocked around alot and is still in good shape, It has fallen over before from running out of hose length and thinking I have more. I have done over a 1000sf on one tank, although I had to put some more pressure in it. I also use a portable airpump, mine is a campbell hausfeld or something like that, I got it at home depot it will plug to a wall or a cig lighter. It werks well.

Guest Bulldog
Thanks for the info guys.

Voltron, That's a good idea with the luggage carrier, I have one around here some place. :notwrthy

Put a milk crate on the luggage carrier and then the tank in the crate...plenty of room left for paper towel, trash bags, etc...

Works best on cmml jobs, not houses.

Guest vclimber
yea the tank is the way to go, I put about 80-100 psi in mine and I fill it to about 4 gallons sometimes all the way but I have a carrier for my tank on rollers so I dont have to carry it I can roll it. You could get a luggage carrier that you see business people using to carry thier sh|t and just strap it to that. Mine gets knocked around alot and is still in good shape, It has fallen over before from running out of hose length and thinking I have more. I have done over a 1000sf on one tank, although I had to put some more pressure in it. I also use a portable airpump, mine is a campbell hausfeld or something like that, I got it at home depot it will plug to a wall or a cig lighter. It werks well.

:notwrthy We have those mini battery jumpers/air compressors in the vans so we can top our tanks off if we need too. Costco $49 bones.

Archived