Llumar ATR vs. ATC

Guest hometheaterman

Guest hometheaterman

I'm thinking of getting two of my windows tinted on a truck and have two options. Llumar ATR or ATC. Now the metallic film should be fine I'd think since it will be on the front windows only. I know the ATC is the cheaper line but I've heard of people saying they like it. The ATR however seems to be a better film and I'm thinking it's more what I want as it seems to offer better heat rejection.

I want something that will look black from the outside. One kind of Llumar I had in the past looked slightly green from the outside. Not sure what it was and from the inside you couldn't see it but from the outside just slightly green. What will be a nice black that will best match the privacy glass on trucks in color? Any opinions on which to go with?

Guest maddtinter

WHAT KIND OF TRUCK DO YOU HAVE?A lot of factory glass already has a green tint to it.As for as the construction of the film,the metal in ATR should noy affect anything as well as perform better.Most films that are newer dyed film still do not have the color stability as a metal film or ceramic film.The Pinnacle series film by Formula-One has better performance and less green color than ATR film.I have installed F-! Pinnacle film on trucks(35%) on front doors and its color is nice looking but it is not as dark as the factory tint on most trucks.Remember the darker you do the front doors the the more likely you may have reduced visibility at night or bad weather and you state law may issue you a violation.

Guest hometheaterman

It's a 01 Dodge Ram. Not sure if the rear glass has any of a green tint to it or not however it seems black to me. I can't see any green to it really. Not from the outside anyway.

So basically the ATR is better quality film? The reason I was going to go with Llumar instead of looking at other brands as that's what the guy I trust to install the film uses. I guess I could check out out brands but I'd kind of like to stay with him just because of how well he has treated me in the past. It's more of being a loyal customer to him rather than to Llumar.

Does the ATR have much green to it? As in will I notice it to be greener than my factory glass? I've seen some trucks tinted where the front windows are a gloss black just like the rear where as what I had before not sure of the line but I know it was Llumar was more of a dullish green. It reflected some but wasn't like a gloss.

Thanks guys for help even though I keep asking dumb questions.

ATR 15% or ATC 15% is your best match. the atc is a little lighter than the atr and matches darkness better. the atr however blocks out more heat and the color is more dead on. you can always go atr 20% for a really good interior match, but from outside it looks lighter. whats more important to you, match from inside or outside?

Guest hometheaterman

So with the ATR I will see a tremendous difference? Or is the ATR not a hybrid film? Sorry for the noob questions. Thanks soo much guys. I think I'd rather it be a better match from the outside.

ATR charcoal has a slight reflective look to it. ATC doesnt have that reflective look at all.

The ATC film is as close to a factory look out of those two films.

I have been putting some of the ATC on in the last couple weeks. I like I so far.

Guest maddtinter

For an exterior match a 20% will match better at similar level of net VLT(Visiible Light Transmissio.n).A dyed film such as Llumar ATC will noticably crry a less reflective appearance

Guest darkdan
For an exterior match a 20% will match better at similar level of net VLT(Visiible Light Transmissio.n).A dyed film such as Llumar ATC will noticably crry a less reflective appearance

Good suggestion, but this guy is going to get two layers of 5% anyways.

Archived