My bright idea!!

Guest tallscott

Guest tallscott

Been doing flat glass for along time. 8, 10. 12 mi. not a problem. So I figured I'd tint my BMW 528. So I got some film and started to do a window. Oh, hell no!! Dam film wouldn't go under the gaskets, played hell trying to get film in the front side near the mirror!! All I can say is "Gotta hand it to you auto tinters!!". Gave up on it for now!! Maybe I'll just take it to a "PRO" :notwrthy

Guest tinter1fl

hell ya its hard if it waz not everyone would do it. but keep trying and the bmw is a hard car to do one thig that might help is dont try to go so deep in the gutter just get it under there. and try to learn to go top first will be a little easier . or like you say take it to the tinters that tint the cars thats what we do took us a long time to get as good as we are

Guest A&RCustomTinting
Been doing flat glass for along time. 8, 10. 12 mi. not a problem. So I figured I'd tint my BMW 528. So I got some film and started to do a window. Oh, hell no!! Dam film wouldn't go under the gaskets, played hell trying to get film in the front side near the mirror!! All I can say is "Gotta hand it to you auto tinters!!". Gave up on it for now!! Maybe I'll just take it to a "PRO" :beer

8 ,10,12mil is not appropriate for BMW 528. :lol2:twocents:beer:lol2

I second that motion...I thought I would be a go getter and do some mobile auto tinting to fill in the FG gaps...Like you, I said Hell NO!!!!! Thank god there have been few gaps in my FG business this year. BTW, whats his name in Spain tints cars with 15 mil all day...

Guest tallscott
What year is that 5 series? those older ones are hard as hell if you dont pull panels....

It's a 2001. I also got a 86 golf, think I'll do that to get some confidence!! :beer

Guest tallscott
Been doing flat glass for along time. 8, 10. 12 mi. not a problem. So I figured I'd tint my BMW 528. So I got some film and started to do a window. Oh, hell no!! Dam film wouldn't go under the gaskets, played hell trying to get film in the front side near the mirror!! All I can say is "Gotta hand it to you auto tinters!!". Gave up on it for now!! Maybe I'll just take it to a "PRO" :barf

8 ,10,12mil is not appropriate for BMW 528. :twocents:beer:lol2:lol2

It is if you live in Flordia!! :beer

Archived