08 Lancer worth it?

Guest sscreamo

Guest sscreamo

I bought an 08 Lancer and I heard alot of rumors that it's a car that always scratches it's tint and needs surgery for felt. Is the 08 lancer really such a hassle after tinting? Should I even bother tinting my car or should I just leave it the way it is? :beer

Guest darkdan

Different shops charge different amounts, but it's not enough to steer away most customers from making their car look better and adding UV/heat rejection to the windows (for better comfort and less interior fading).

Perhaps you could tell us where you are. There might be someone on the board that is local to you and answer your concerns.

Guest maddtinter

It will still scratch whether you put felt on or not.The felt does rduce the likely hood that it will scratch as much or as soon soon.The other problem is that a window motor system only has so much tork to operate the window properly.Adding more resistance binds these motors which leads to window shifting or cable/motor failure.Realize the millions of dollars a car manufacturer puts in to building a car.They develop alot of stuff without knowing what can happen if aftermarket components are added.Look at it this way,considered it a serviceable item after the scratching becomes annoying replace it.Or add felt and possible ruin your window motors.

I can assure you that you are not the only dude getting a lancer tinted. If its not a huge issue mentioned on every mitsu forum I wouldnt worry about motors getting smoked.

Get em' felted and enjoy the nice new car with tint. :beer Prices are usually somewhere between $15-$30 per window to felt.

Archived