New to ppf what to charge?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not yet. I avoid the resprays for the most part.

the only fups I have ever had to deal with were resprays.. fortunate they did not cost any pay outs. It does not make a good reflection on the refinisher if this happens so they just re sprayed it at the A/B expense.

I hate resprays. Make sure the paint has had enough time to cure...you'll have to ask the painter that question cause there is no set answer. Chances are good there will be a problem if the film ever has to come off. I've pulled paint of dozens of cars so make sure they understand you are not responsible if this happens. Here's a few from just last month.

sebringsilver.jpg

997pulledpaint.jpg

Forgot my camera so nast cell pics is all I have.

PPF3.jpg

PPF.jpg

PPF2.jpg

Forgot to put soap in the water mix, at first. Well it had a small bit but not enough. So I think thats where the small stretch bubble things are from. There is only two. You can see them good at one angle but not at all at another. This is the only major mess up. Also the front where all the fingers end up there is faint lines I am guessing where it dried a bit then I re sprayed it with alchohol then pushed them out. Again you can only see them up close at certain angles.

Flame me or what ever good and bad comments welcom. I cut "on" the paint. I more like score the film then when I pull it off it kinda tears so not to cut the clear coat. I didnt fold it over the edges like I have seen some done. I trim it about 1/16th an inch similar to a plotter cut film. But again I have never put on a plotter cut patter so I dont really know how they fit. From tint I have seen I dont always like the patterns.

Oh and I took my time and I got there at 1:30 ish and was all done at 4:30. I cleaned for at least a half an hour because of all the bugs. So about 2 hours of hours of bra action and an hour of bsing and prepping and clean up.

It was about 16'' up the hood from the center of the hood. I left a bit for pulling on the front.

997pulledpaint.jpg

They need to learn how to prep and paint better. Yikes. If you didnt do that a pressure wash or a rock would have fulled it off later.

I know because I had my bumper sprayed a year ago and all the paint flaked off. Its resprayed right this time. And by the shop I did this PPF at.

Archived