Nissan GTR

Guest itinwin

Just did my first new GTR. Its eeeeeezzzzzzz. I want this car. I had to do it on the showroom floor cuz they didnt want any miles on it.

Same here. I had to remove the 'do not touch' stickers plastered all over the car before attacking the windows right there on the showroom. Why 3 grand for 'super silver' paint? It doesn't look like anything special.

selling ploy...

Just did my first new GTR. Its eeeeeezzzzzzz. I want this car. I had to do it on the showroom floor cuz they didnt want any miles on it.

Same here. I had to remove the 'do not touch' stickers plastered all over the car before attacking the windows right there on the showroom. Why 3 grand for 'super silver' paint? It doesn't look like anything special.

The silver paint is aircraft like durable. If you look at it, their is NO orange peel on it, and is very thick. The one in my avatar had it...did ppf on that one.

Before you decide you want this "super car", google the problems that people are having with them. There is a GTR forum where a guy had some trans. problems that were gonna cost $20k to fix not covered by warranty. The car has a black box just like a plane. If you drive it like it was meant to be driven, you automatically void your warranty. Hell, in Japan they are making people sign a contract stating they will not modify it in any way.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/redirect-t...owtopic%3D25361

The warranty on those cars are only valid IF you bring the car in for the scheduled maintenance. The first or second one is somewhere in the neighborhood of $7k. You have to change the brakes and rotors, along with a tranny service...something like that. Its like a Ferrari...just b/c you can buy one, doesnt mean you can afford one. Ever seen what is required for Ferrari maintenance? The engine has to be pulled out for one of them...

Almost all cars today have "the little black box". GM has had them in their vehicles since the late 90's to early 2000's. In Japan, the have GPS on them so you cant do certain things in them unless you are on a track (for the GTR).

Archived