Finishing a basement - ideas??

I am probably going to move into a new place... and the basement needs to be finished. Ideally, I'd like my bedroom & office to be down there... my office on the right, bedroom on the left.. or the opposite.

I'm not going to have a lot of money, but I'm hoping there is something I can do to make it better... At some point I'll probably get carpet put in, but the floor isn't a huge concern just yet.

Anyone have any ideas?

basement-left.JPG

basement-right.JPG

we just did a "ceiling" in our family room in the basement.....now keep in mind that ours is only about 78 inches high so a drop ceiling would not do... We got some $1 a yard material from Walmart and used thumb tacks to attach it. It actually looks better than I had thought it would and it was so much cheaper than I would have dreamed... 60" wide and $1 per yard for it....that covers a lot for a little....

anyway....one "cheap" upgrade idea....paint for the walls would be my second thought.

why so many support beams :thumb

Those are for the strippers right? :lol2

Heck yeah! I'm going to have a who team of strippers keeping me company while I'm working. :thumb:dunno:lol2:thumb:thumb

Thanks everyone for the suggestions... The ceiling is rather low... I can stand up w/o any problems, but I'm not super tall. I don't think there would be enough room for a drop ceiling. So maybe the yard material might be the way to go for that.

Archived