70% VLT, high heat rejection films?

Guest Diamond

IRis70 is on 6mm glass and the 40 is on 3mm glass and that changes some of the numbers. I respect you Vclimber and the knowledge that you bring in to this forum and in no way did I intend to come off offensive, but I just would like to know more about films that I am installing and if THEY are not telling the truth then I want to know it.

Thank you for what you bring....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
IRis70 is on 6mm glass and the 40 is on 3mm glass and that changes some of the numbers. I respect you Vclimber and the knowledge that you bring in to this forum and in no way did I intend to come off offensive, but I just would like to know more about films that I am installing and if THEY are not telling the truth then I want to know it.

Thank you for what you bring....

:) Same here man. No way, you didn't come off offensive. I know you, you've always called people when they get out of line (ie. Roid-Rage 08) and I don't think I'm above that... if there's something amiss I'll speak up but if I'm out of line tell me. It's all good. :thumb

It's good to see someone serious about 70% VLT films...I get well informed guys like you all the time who drive sensible cars like Mazdas. The Solargard Supreme 70% is best looking OEM hue Color Stable film line in my opinion, this film is flawless out the box but TSER is nothing to brag about. This is why Solargard has Ultra Performance 75% it has real honest non metal 40% TSER. the down side is higher reflectivity and three times more money...just like all of the pricey Cerms..... Good luck shopper dude.

Guest Diamond
It's good to see someone serious about 70% VLT films. I tint in a state that has a sh8ty tint law and was tinting here before VTL [NYS1032] 1992...I get well informed guys like you all the time who drive sensible cars like Mazdas. The Solargard Supreme 70% is best looking OEM hue Color Stable film line in my opinion, this film is flawless out the box but TSER is nothing to brag about. This is why Solargard has Ultra Performance 75% it has real honest non metal 40% TSER. the down side is higher reflectivity and three times more money...just like all of the pricey Cerms..... If you have no spending limits 3M Crystalline 70%[2nd gen] is the sickest looking film and most expensive film on earth.Looks great on Rods and has a bit less reflectivity than metal and cerms.Good luck shopper dude.

Thanks for the suggestion of SolarGard Ultra Performance 75! I hadn't looked at that at all. What do people know about SolarGard Ultra Performance 75? Is it really metal-free? The website says "nanotechnology" but does not say "metal-free." It also doesn't say that it won't interfere with signals, but that it's "friendly" to GPS, cell phones, etc. Does it have dyes in it like the Crystalline 70, to boost the TSER?

And is there a good way to find out which shops carry the films I'm interested in? Some manufacturers like SolarGard and Johnson list shops that carry their films, but you can't specify which film - and with hundreds of tint shops in LA, I'm looking for a better source online. If there isn't one, I guess I can just contact the manufacturers directly.

BTW, the costs I was quoted were the same for the Crystalline 70 and the V-Kool 70.... Haven't heard back from GeoShield on whether anyone in LA carries IRis 70....

Guest vclimber
Thanks for the suggestion of SolarGard Ultra Performance 75! I hadn't looked at that at all. What do people know about SolarGard Ultra Performance 75? Is it really metal-free? The website says "nanotechnology" but does not say "metal-free." It also doesn't say that it won't interfere with signals, but that it's "friendly" to GPS, cell phones, etc. Does it have dyes in it like the Crystalline 70, to boost the TSER?

Could be ATO or ITO... both are conductive. Performance is similar to like constructed films.

Guest Diamond
Could be ATO or ITO... both are conductive. Performance is similar to like constructed films.

Do ATO and ITO stand for antimony-doped tin oxide and indium-doped tin oxide? I couldn't find much more info on them on the web, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right places.... Do you know whether they're more likely to behave like the Huper Optik Ceramic (some people/cars have problems with signal) or the V-kool (most people/cars have problems)? Thanks, I really appreciate all of the info you've given!

Guest maddtinter

Do ATO and ITO stand for antimony-doped tin oxide and indium-doped tin oxide? I couldn't find much more info on them on the web, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right places.... Do you know whether they're more likely to behave like the Huper Optik Ceramic (some people/cars have problems with signal) or the V-kool (most people/cars have problems)? Thanks, I really appreciate all of the info you've given!

I sure am glad that you are not in my shop with all your technical concerns.I seriuosly think that if you had your car tinted you would probably not get the amount of protection to make 100% happy.

Guest vclimber

As far as window films go... there are only a few "stable" ceramics and there are many more "unstable" ceramics. Huper is "stable." :gasp

the happiest clients are people who want heat protection without the ghetto looks of black papass....remember it's a Mazda. UP75 is the way to go.Hopefully they will expand the Ultra line.Bekaert is sleeping on light films unfortunatly.

Archived