Grand Prix Rear Window/Deck

mustangdroptop96

I have a 97 Grand Prix in my shop right now, pulled out the bottom part of the back seat you sit on and the back rest part of hte backseat I took out the two bolts at the bottom of the seat but cannot figure anything else out to get the seat out any ideas? I am scraping old purple tint off and it is so baked on there I tried ammonia and everything and it will not come off, and I cant get my hands in the bottom part of the glass to use a razor. helllpppp :lol

Guest mattgribble09

First pull the seat with the snap handles underneath.

Second, there are four bolts in front of you two 10mm on the outside and then two 17 or 18mm can't remember which side.

Sometimes, the latch in which the seat and seatbelts sit in gets crimped when they torque it in so you have to use a wedge or screwdriver to pry it up. (big tip)

Third, after the seat is removed, there should be three black clips in the rear deck, just pull those out and possibly the rear side pillars and you should be good to go.

First pull the seat with the snap handles underneath.

Second, there are four bolts in front of you two 10mm on the outside and then two 17 or 18mm can't remember which side.

Sometimes, the latch in which the seat and seatbelts sit in gets crimped when they torque it in so you have to use a wedge or screwdriver to pry it up. (big tip)

Third, after the seat is removed, there should be three black clips in the rear deck, just pull those out and possibly the rear side pillars and you should be good to go.

:lol to all that....and it's an 18mm . After the deck it out, just 2 twists for each light for the brakelight and pull towards you .

Archived