Is there a "tools tinters have made " thread?

I ask because I havea tool in mind I want to make, but I wanted to see if it's been done on here, if it has, I'll just copy it. It's like a side swiper , only I think it's going to be a whole lot better ..I have what I need for it, now I just have to put it together :inot

Guest TINTFXold

I dont think one has been started on the current board. On an earlier one maybe.

Mdog has been our resident "homemade tool maker". He created the ssshhnizzzniggla, or however you spell it. :inot

So ideas on homemade tools have been discussed just not allocated to any area. Not a bad idea though.

I know I come up with some "oops I forgot that" tools from time to time. :lol

I'll post pics when it's done..I personally don't care for the sideswiper...it's better than nothing...I want something that can get down DEEP, is thin, yet you can apply LOTS of pressure without scratching yet conforms to the curve of the glass behind a brakelight or a deck that's WAY back there...think I'll have it by the weekend :inot

I designed and made some door panel holders that hold the door panel about 2 inches below the bottom of the window so if you take panels off they dont just hang there in the way. I'll have to take a picture of them, see what you guys think. I made them back in about 1992 and there still in use today!

You made those CC? Cool, I've seen hector use them, I thought it was a great idea :thumb

It's kind of like a squared off S shape, once the pannels are removed, you put the holder on the rail where the panel goes, and the other end holds the pannel. It's damn cool :thumb

Archived