Best application solution for auto tint

Guest VibeNewbie

Guest Tint-Factory Car Shine II
yeah i have to say that while some tinter love film on I do not. I think we had a bottle of film on at the first shop i worked at. A sales rep left us with a bottle to try it out. We tried it alright and went straight back to baby shampoo. And here's why i have stuck with the shampoo. For 1 easy to find at any store. And for what a bottle of film on costs i could buy a months worth of baby shampoo. Now as far as using straight rubbing alcohol never tried it. but i would imagine it would tack up like super fast and i like alittle time to get a piece where i want it. Might be really good for tinting in cooler weather though.

I tried film on several times and never really liked it. Eventually I figured out the right amount to add and now it's about all I'll use. I like it because you can use the pump and get almost the same exact mixture every time. I feel like one bottle of Film on last me as long as $10 worth of baby shampoo.... :dunno

Guest kingoftheding

What is the best liquid solution for auto tint application. I've heard just water and baby shampoo, water baby shampoo and isopropyl or consumer products like Gila solution?

[/quote

Johnsons baby soap works great

Edited by kingoftheding

Still use J & J but also ultra bond.  ultra bond is great for winters in cold climates.  bonds stronger then J&J and 15 min after application is hard to remove.  summer add J&J to increase work time.  fushion 5es and sealing edges on roll downs and waiting 15 min in a heated garage you can roll down windows without the typical 3 to 7 day wait.  Ive watched customers leaving the store rolling them down right after telling them  to wait 2 days.  no more comebacks arguing with them from peeling.

I try and make things idiot proof.  but as we all know if ya make it idiot proof,  they will make a better idiot!

On 10/1/2016 at 2:04 PM, shadytints said:

Still use J & J but also ultra bond.  ultra bond is great for winters in cold climates.  bonds stronger then J&J and 15 min after application is hard to remove.  summer add J&J to increase work time.  fushion 5es and sealing edges on roll downs and waiting 15 min in a heated garage you can roll down windows without the typical 3 to 7 day wait.  Ive watched customers leaving the store rolling them down right after telling them  to wait 2 days.  no more comebacks arguing with them from peeling.

I try and make things idiot proof.  but as we all know if ya make it idiot proof,  they will make a better idiot!

Is UltraBond like Dirt Off/X-100?

never tried dirt off.  Ultrabond is a good slip and has a drying agent to help in winter months.  add a little J&J on hot humid days when more work time is needed.

peanut prone vehicles I use Pro-bond after basic cleaning to prevent them.  If I was still tinting I would consider a separate cleaner for windows to insure grease and silicone removal to prevent potential issues.