Rollcall for all PDR guys

Guest charliejp

I've been in this whacky business for about 4 years now. I keep hearing about how great it is to work 6 months out of the year and make 100,000 plus but haven't seen the results yet myself. I'm actually a damn good dent man. It seems to me though that if you want to chase, it's all about who you know. I've had my best year yet this year but I'm afraid it's over. So if anyone on here knows where there might be some work, hook a sucker up! I love this job!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
I've been in this whacky business for about 4 years now. I keep hearing about how great it is to work 6 months out of the year and make 100,000 plus but haven't seen the results yet myself. I'm actually a damn good dent man. It seems to me though that if you want to chase, it's all about who you know. I've had my best year yet this year but I'm afraid it's over. So if anyone on here knows where there might be some work, hook a sucker up! I love this job!

what is your location?

Guest sylvester

Well I am up here in Geneva Ohio . And I have heard so much bad news about the PDR schools that now I am teaching my self with Tim Olsons PDRsecerts.. So far I have not worked on any cars.......

Guest sylvester

Delibo , I will keep plugging at it.. Tim Olsons course is ok but he lets a lot out and does not explain every thing completely.. A lot of the camera shots all you see is the back of his head or his arm or hand. So you don't see what he is doing. If you took auto body shop or worked at auto body then you would understand it better. Lile all his testimonial were from ones who took shop or worked in auto body or owend a car lot. So I went through his testimonial's and went on the net found there phone numbers and called all of them. The ones that was not in auto body or owned a car lot were out of it already gave up....That is how I got his course the one guy said if you send me a $100.00 you can have mine..He had the gold course with some mentor tapes also so he put out around $547.00 and gave it to me for $100.00.......So that is how I ended up with ....You see what I see....

Guest charliejp

what is your location?

Sorry for the delayed reply. I think it was only a couple of days after I signed up here that El Paso got hit. I came here and set up. This is the strangest storm I've worked yet. There's widespread damage but the work is up and down for everyone that I've talked to other than the guys at the car lots. I set up in a body shop. If any of you all are here as well then stop by Riverside Collision and hit me up.

Guest simple1
Delibo , I will keep plugging at it.. Tim Olsons course is ok but he lets a lot out and does not explain every thing completely.. A lot of the camera shots all you see is the back of his head or his arm or hand. So you don't see what he is doing. If you took auto body shop or worked at auto body then you would understand it better. Lile all his testimonial were from ones who took shop or worked in auto body or owend a car lot. So I went through his testimonial's and went on the net found there phone numbers and called all of them. The ones that was not in auto body or owned a car lot were out of it already gave up....That is how I got his course the one guy said if you send me a $100.00 you can have mine..He had the gold course with some mentor tapes also so he put out around $547.00 and gave it to me for $100.00.......So that is how I ended up with ....You see what I see....

Guest simple1

Keppy, I am new to PDR but have heard some good things about the Tim Olson videos (but not much good about others). From what you have seen, do you think there are some good practice concepts in the videos that would help a newbie learn? If you think the price you paid was worth it, I might try to hunt down someone who bought the Olson program and now would like to sell it. I would risk a $100 if I thought it could help me understand how to push metal better.

Thanks for sharing you experience on this forum.

Been Pushin since 2002! Learned basics for a friend with 20 + years exp and practiced for hard for years! I been working hail storms for the last five years! Your not a true PDR tech until you've worked a couple of different hail storms. I'm not knocking anyone here but until you've had to glue pull baseball size dents out of the rocker panels on a volkswagon beetle you can't call yourself as "Master Tech." LOL. I'm located in Lewisville TX ( North DFW). 7 years under my belt. Used to be a tinter mostly Since 96. I now own and operate Dent-techs.com Matt 214-499-6330 Call for all your PDR needs in DFW I do mobile work and give healthy discounts to other auto/tint shops in the area that supply me with work during the off season.

Archived