Rollcall for all PDR guys

Guest convincor

I worked in Arlington for a little bit in July for Dent Magic express. They get most of their work from the DFW airport rental cars. I love Texas, if I could talk the wife into it I would move there. Over the last couple of years I bought two boats that came from Lake Lewisville.

Oh yea I have been doing pdr for a little over a year. Was trained by a tech that was working a hail storm at the body shop I used to work at.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all, pushing dents now for 3 years, trained in uk with the best and still trying to be one the best (only another 20years of practise to go!).

so having been on the sales and management side of the motor trade for 10 years I decided id like to spend the rest of my days staring at car doors for a living! Lol

seriously though it's been tough, first started with 1 days tester training then spent 4 weeks pushing dents in an old bonnet, then onto a residential course for a week followed by a genuine 3 months 8hrs a day six days a week practise on an old car in the garage before going on the road onto small used car lots, a further year later moved onto larger nicer lots.

I went into this trade knowing it was fairly tough so stuck at it and now am reaping the rewards, although you could be the best in the biz but thats only half the story you need to learn good biz development and marketing skills to really succeed. 95% of my biz comes from used car lots which isn't ideal so am interested in hearing other proven methods of income sources.

and now the snows almost gone its time to get back to staring at panels!

Guest DentedCar

Hi all this is my first time on the blog. I have been in the industry for 8 years and now own my own Dent Repair business in Nashville TN. I have found that this industry can be very lucrative but incredibly slow over the winter months. I am trying to grow my business so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Been Pushin since 2002! Learned basics for a friend with 20 + years exp and practiced for hard for years! I been working hail storms for the last five years! Your not a true PDR tech until you've worked a couple of different hail storms. I'm not knocking anyone here but until you've had to glue pull baseball size dents out of the rocker panels on a volkswagon beetle you can't call yourself as "Master Tech." LOL. I'm located in Lewisville TX ( North DFW). 7 years under my belt. Used to be a tinter mostly Since 96. I now own and operate Dent-techs.com Matt 214-499-6330 Call for all your PDR needs in DFW I do mobile work and give healthy discounts to other auto/tint shops in the area that supply me with work during the off season.

im in plano and been really interested in getting into pdr..right now I do paint and bodywork but would love to learn how to push some dents...do you train? or would you be willing to train I guess should be the question...shoot me a message if your interested and maybe we can work something out

Been Pushin since 2002! Learned basics for a friend with 20 + years exp and practiced for hard for years! I been working hail storms for the last five years! Your not a true PDR tech until you've worked a couple of different hail storms. I'm not knocking anyone here but until you've had to glue pull baseball size dents out of the rocker panels on a volkswagon beetle you can't call yourself as "Master Tech." LOL. I'm located in Lewisville TX ( North DFW). 7 years under my belt. Used to be a tinter mostly Since 96. I now own and operate Dent-techs.com Matt 214-499-6330 Call for all your PDR needs in DFW I do mobile work and give healthy discounts to other auto/tint shops in the area that supply me with work during the off season.

dent-techs can you email mail me at toodarkmotorsports@yahoo.com, I have some questions to ask you.

Guest Auslander

Hello. Just poking my head in.

Self taught. While an auto painter I had some theory instruction from PDR guys who worked at the shop.

Originally from the midwest. Paying rent in South FL for 5 years but travel most of the time.

Guest TwoBitsChris

Hey everybody, my name is Chris and I am new to this business. I am currently working as a Honda tech, but want to get into PDR more than anything. I would like to get out on the road with a team this next season doing R&I, and then later, maybe a year or two down the road, apprentice so I can start pushing. One of my closest friends is going out to push for his first time this year. I know R&I well, I do it a lot at work now. I am a dedicated, honest, and down to earth person, and literally get along with almost everybody. I live in Colorado, but I will travel anywhere within the US. I can leave to wherever you need me whether it is set up before or if you just need someone last minute. Call me and I will pack up and leave same day if needed. I am very eager to get in and start, so if you want me to join you for the season or know anyone who needs an extra hand, please let me know!

I can be reached at 720-278-9361 (cell) or terrill.chris@yahoo.com

Look forward to working with you!

Archived