The Lexus IS series w/ tweeters

ljr1977

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pop the cover behind the handle, phillips behind there. pop the panel with the window switch, phillips behind there. find a good corner and yank, the panel clips are pretty tight, but they give with enough force. when you put them back on, there is a peg bu the handles. You will have to reach up under the door and manipulate the peg in to the hole it fits on and the door will lay right down, put the 2 screws in each door. When all the way done, reprogram the window switched and you are done. Turns a pita car in to just another toyota.

switches have 2 positions in each direction, manual and auto. use the manual position, 1/2 way, roll all the way down and hold a second, you will hear a click. use the manual position up, 1/2 way, and roll all the way up and hold until you hear a click. Then you are done, otherwise the driver switch won't operate any of the windows and the auto wont work on any of the windows. This works for a number of cars to reset the anti-pinch.

So you did this at the very end once the tint is fully dry yes?

yeah. Doors are very curved. I like to let it dry good before putting the panels back on. the fronts are tight, it's easier to get it on with the windows down anyways.

I had two 09's this month. Typically I'm not a panel puller and when I tried to pull the panels on the first one I got scared at how hard I was pulling so I used the funnel method previously explained. It came out alright but took some work. The second one showed up and I was determined to get the panels off. Let me tell you those are no joke hard to pull off. It took about 5 minutes for the first one and by the second one I was a pro at right about two minutes.

I love this site sharing ideas you guys saved me so much time and aggravation.

New guy here. I'm going to be doing one of these in a couple weeks. I know the windows are very curvy. An tips for getting the tint to lay down on them and reducing fingers on the sides? I"m assuming you will be shrinking them, but is it like a better way or things to look for when doing them?

Any help is appreciated.

Archived