competing against a distributor/tint shop

Guest teamfutaba

Guest vclimber
With the exceptions of Baekhart, CP, and Solamatrix, all do this to some degree........whether they admit it or not. Maddy is just flat out proud of it!!!

BSF & CP do it too...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the exceptions of Baekhart, CP, and Solamatrix, all do this to some degree........whether they admit it or not. Maddy is just flat out proud of it!!!

BSF & CP do it too...

I did a bid in Palo Alto, I gave them a quote, they said "to much" I was like, who gave you a cheaper price?

they said "llumar" and even showed me a written out estimate that they were given on the spot, with they're logo and everything. no signs of an independent dealer.

Guest vclimber

I would be curious to hear from Capt Bill on what Solomatrix's position is?

I would be curious to hear from Capt Bill on what Solomatrix's position is?

like bulldog said, they're gonna give you some mambo jambo and not admit it.

I know for a fact BreakHeart SolarShard DEFINATELY competes with the people they sell to. :DD

Don't think for a min. that it's not being done. If more business can be grabbed and guaranteed for a manufacturer, do you think they would refuse it?? Of course not. Beak and CP do it, I have quoted against them in the past. If a larger customer searches them out, they will definately quote a job. But to admit it in the open, they probably would not do, since it would be figured to be suicide with their customers. In todays economy, you will see more and more of it. The hardest thing is to get them to quote reasonable prices, so that WHEN they call us to install it, we can get a fair rate.

Since I was asked to post our position on this topic, I will say that Solamatrix will not bid jobs directly. As with all window film manufactures, we get opportunities to bid jobs since all of us are easily accessible via internet. I will forward these bids first to dealers that are buying from us or if in the case we don’t have a dealer in that area, the lead goes to a dealer prospect. Our sales team is also informed of the bid opportunity and will follow up with the dealer that the lead goes too.

Bidding jobs directly is not the direction Solamatrix takes to grow its business. We are in the business of making top quality window films, not bidding buildings. However, our sales team is more than qualified to assist in bidding large applications if called upon.

I feel this type of action is a conflict of interest to the loyal dealers that are buying our films. :DD

Bill Stewart

North American Sales and Operations Manager

Guest tintmanlibby

3m has been doing that for year's in tally .one of my good freind's is the local 3m guy .only thing is he loves it because of 3m high price they charge a arm and a leg ,so he make a killin

Archived