competing against a distributor/tint shop

Guest teamfutaba

Guest vclimber
Since I was asked to post our position on this topic, I will say that Solamatrix will not bid jobs directly. As with all window film manufactures, we get opportunities to bid jobs since all of us are easily accessible via internet. I will forward these bids first to dealers that are buying from us or if in the case we don’t have a dealer in that area, the lead goes to a dealer prospect. Our sales team is also informed of the bid opportunity and will follow up with the dealer that the lead goes too.

Bidding jobs directly is not the direction Solamatrix takes to grow its business. We are in the business of making top quality window films, not bidding buildings. However, our sales team is more than qualified to assist in bidding large applications if called upon.

I feel this type of action is a conflict of interest to the loyal dealers that are buying our films. :DD

Bill Stewart

North American Sales and Operations Manager

:DD Good to hear, thanks for letting us know Bill!

Alright guys, there is one company that has your back... who are you going to choose to do business with and what are you gonna do with the suppliers that compete against you?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't use Llumar for flat glass but I had a friend that was on the sales team over at the distributor, which is now gone and is now a manufacturer direct, and they talked openly about bidding and doing jobs. That was a few years ago too so this is something they have always done.

Guest vclimber
I don't use Llumar for flat glass but I had a friend that was on the sales team over at the distributor, which is now gone and is now a manufacturer direct, and they talked openly about bidding and doing jobs. That was a few years ago too so this is something they have always done.

Ok here is one that does not have your back. If they are still competing against their customers why should I or anyone else do business with them? Can any CP Rep tell us if there has been a policy change? Please post and let us know.

Guest vclimber

What about some of you other company reps that cruise through here....? We know who most of you are so why not take the opportunity to do some PR.

Burns, what is Geoshield doing? Do your reps bid commercial jobs that your dealers are bidding on?

Five O, you are BSF what does your company do?

Aegiespres, dare I ask... You guys bidding on commercial projects?

valueTint.com what's your polciy?

Anyone from 3M want to enlighten us?

Madico? Anyone have anything to say?

Johnson? Come on Scott let us know what JWF's policy is?

Huper? What up?

V-Kool has anything changed?

OTI, ya'll bidding commercial against your customers?

Global, what's your policy?

SunTek... you've had representation here, why not tell us what your policy is?

Guest tintgod
What about some of you other company reps that cruise through here....? We know who most of you are so why not take the opportunity to do some PR.

Burns, what is Geoshield doing? Do your reps bid commercial jobs that your dealers are bidding on?

Five O, you are BSF what does your company do?

Aegiespres, dare I ask... You guys bidding on commercial projects?

valueTint.com what's your polciy?

Anyone from 3M want to enlighten us?

Madico? Anyone have anything to say?

Johnson? Come on Scott let us know what JWF's policy is?

Huper? What up?

V-Kool has anything changed?

OTI, ya'll bidding commercial against your customers?

Global, what's your policy?

SunTek... you've had representation here, why not tell us what your policy is?

yeah...good luck with this.. :thumb

Guest vclimber
yeah...good luck with this.. :rock

I'm going to take a "no answer" as guilty and "we don't give a cr@p what you guys think..."

If they are like Capt Bill then I think they'd rush in to let us know that they are partnering with their customers and not competing against them. That's good PR. :thumb

Guest vclimber
IN BEFORE DA LOCK :rock:thumb

There is no need to lock this. I'm sure they don't mind when we push their products on here, it's time to get a little something back our way...

Archived