Caught....installing the wrong film.

Guest maddtinter

Guest maddtinter

So last week I lost a car install so another shop using the same product,because I wouldn't meet their price.The customer goes and gets it done now spending more than what I was going to charge because he/she has the windshield tinted.The same day the custy calls me so I can price re-doing the back glass because the 3rd light is HACKED OUT.When the customer gets here for a visual inspection I immediately notice that the film on the car is not the product that was paid for.FRAUD!!!So now I am pissed because this happened about 14 months ago with the same shop.My mind is thinking,how many cars have been filmed by this shop using a different product than what the customer paid for?How many cars would have came here instead but figured they can travel 20 minutes to save 100 bucks?Well now it is time to seriously investigate.I sent off a sample of the film to the manny.They are in the process of identifying what it is.I know for a fact that it is not was it was supposed to be by color and BTU measurements.Oh and by the way the car is a 2009 Audi A4 that also needs a new rear view mirror because the other shop broke it and the humidity/rain sensor.What I can add is,if anybody/shop upsells a product,install what you sold.I hope this other shop loses in court for fraud.DO NOT LET IT BE YOU!

Guest vclimber

This is common. CP had a lot of bait n switch problems with people using a cheaper film that looks the same. I heard a few dealers got caught and were dropped but the problem still persists.

I've lost customers to this as well. The problem is the customer hears the words "lifetime warranty" and assume that if a shop utters those magic words that the film they just got quoted on is the best. Blinders are now on and the words "hybrid , metalized, ceramic , ATX , etc means nothing to them. The customer is pretty much left to the honesty of the installer which is too bad really. It would be nice to play on an even playing field..but that's life . There are crooks and there are honest business people .

I like to believe that the honest business people draw to themselves the customers that deserve them..and visa versa . I live in a dream world perhaps ..bu that's the way I think :beer :beer

Guest vclimber

The problem is when someone says that they'll sell you F1 or ATX or whatever and then they put something that looks similar but is far from genuine. Customers usually don't think to check the warranty card and an invoice can be made to say anything...

Bunch of crooks out there, people have to be educated. :beer

Guest vclimber

The irony of it all is that not only does this happen on the retail end but it is also happening on the MFG side. Films are re-boxed and sold as different brands. Who knows how many switches happened by the time a piece of film gets installed on a window? :beer

that is one my biggest pet peeves too :poke remain true to your integrity and you will succeed :lol2
I like to believe that the honest business people draw to themselves the customers that deserve them..and visa versa . I live in a dream world perhaps ..bu that's the way I think :D:lol6
Bunch of crooks out there, people have to be educated. :beer

:beer So true 100% :dunno:beer

Archived