Tint Film to stay away from, What are the best Brands to Carry/Buy

Guest TintingNewb

Guest TintingNewb

Hi

I was wondering what are those Brands that you see that might be $30 Cheaper for the Roll but in the end are Garbage

I've been looking on this site for a month now before I signed up and hear all sorts of Brands Named but Never Really Hear if there Good or Not

I know you can't say what the Best Brand of Film there is to use, As everyone has there own Choice etc to what they like and Prefer , I’m In the Mobile Electronics Field and get asked all the time what’s the Best Amp. Subwoofer to buy.

I know…LOL

Since I don't have that 30 years of Experience in Tinting to know a Cheap Brand from a Good one I thought I would ask and Hope to get a list Made by you FINE members the Good and Bad

I've only Used the llumar tint Brand for when I do tinting with Great Results

Hope some of you Members Can Help me out with a List

Good

Bad

Thanks For your time

All the major brands are pretty good, comes down to personal preference.

One person might have a heckuva time shrinking brand A where another person never has a problem with that brand.

It seems to be a common thought to stay away from the big retailers that sell it.

Guest TinterFantic
All the major brands are pretty good, comes down to personal preference.

One person might have a heckuva time shrinking brand A where another person never has a problem with that brand.

It seems to be a common thought to stay away from the big retailers that sell it.

Could you Tell him Some of those Major Brands

I've been watching this Topic he Posted as, I'm myself wondering what Brands are To stay away from

you say Major But what are the Names?

Guest oasisglatint

Try google'n it. Type window film brands. Go in 1st link. It's an oldy in here. I'm new here, and not the best with the computer, or I would post the link myself. I'm a tinter, old skewl, not the best with computers. Sorry. You are gonna have to do the leg work yourself, and make your own opinnion...... Er... Decision. All of us chiming in with our decisions.... Opinnions... Will probably confuse you. Hence----- major brands. :beer

Guest scottydosnntkno

pretty much any of the big brands are good.

solar gard

sun gard

llumar

hanitatek

johnsons

madico

mmm

global

huper

valuetint.com

personally I heavily sell solar gards supreme and hp smoke lines. def my two personal favs

although I just received a sample from valuetint, and I must say it does shrink and work just like any of the major brands films. def a good choice for a film thats a little on the cheaper side. but my solar gard rep always hooks me up with some specials like a 20' roll for 30 dollars.

Guest thatsnappyguy

some "good" films arent so good depending where u are located. the climate can destroy films faster in different locations.

I like

global qdp

suntek carbon

suntek infinity

johnson es

I dont like

madiclear,madiblow...madico..greenish crappy tint...whatever line that is, no me gusta

johnson sp

sun gard cobolt

3m panther. yuck. I dont think they make that anymore though.

llumar at.

Guest scottydosnntkno

judd from valuetint just sent me a sample roll of the sirius film and I received it last wednesday. I have only had a chance to do one side window with it so far, but as it is it seems to have a very nice, very black color on the outside, and just a slight bluish/ brown hue looking out. the roll is the 20% sirius, and so far it seems to be a decent film. obviously there is no real info as far as the warranty is concerned yet, but the application is just like any other film.

Archived