Tint Film to stay away from, What are the best Brands to Carry/Buy

Guest TintingNewb

5 films that are on the top of my list are : 1. Llumar 2. Johnson's 3. Aegis 4. Solargard 5. suntek Other than that all the other film companies might have some colored film I like for graphics or some silver 20% to back them up at a good price. As far as auto film I stay with the first 5 choices!

To the original poster. I would say get in touch with whicever companies you are considering and let them know where you stand as a company or tinter if you are not the owner. Find out about them their film. Most will send you information and/or sample. Give them feedback on what you liked or did not like. Order the brand(s) of your choice. For example I really like Global HP films can work with it and shrink it but Global QDP I tend to have to work slower or crease it. Most are just the opposite to that I think.

Valuetint eclipse series works great for me and has great color. People seem to like the color of it.

Advantage Raven 1.5 great film to work with and I really like it as well. The only downside to it for me is it has a brownish hue and when people here look through my sample glass with film on it pick other brands. :lock

I have tried a sample of other comanies and liked as well and there is one that I am considering stocking in the future.

I know this wasn't a top 5 list and a stay away list but hopefully it is useful in getting you to make some contact and figure out what you like. :lock

I have been hearing more and more about this valuetint.com. anyone here have any input about the sirius and eclipse?

I have the eclipse 15% and like working with it. I can't attest to longevity as it has been installed for only a couple of months on my own vehicle(july 08) but it is holding as well as anything else I have used and better than others. Every customer car with it on has liked how it looks and there has been nothing negative brought back to my attention. The owners are top notch.

There is another thread about valuetint that has several people posting about them. I think it is titled Valuetint.com a decent film to try. If you are unsure about it give them a call. I am sure they would be happy to answer your questions.

Guest metro jim

I think all companies have great things to offer, but I find evey situation different and here is my list....there is a method to my maddness .....

Graffitti - 1)madico 2)hanita ...nothing else

exterior- 1)Hanita 2)3m 3) madico .....Nothing else, but please inform me if there is

Commercial offices - no special order 3m, madico, suntek, solar gard

Security films - 1)3m, madico, armour gaurd 2)hanita

Auto 1) - Huper + lullu 2)madico + suntek +global +solar gard ***I don't tint cars often, but this is just my exp***

Residential - 1)huper select films, Panorama, Madico and suntek 2)solar gard, hanita 3) 3m .....no others

retail - 1)huper, panorama 2)suntek, madico

Privacy Silver - 1)hanita 2)suntek, solar gard, Madico 3)3m, global

Silver for heat - no special order 3m, suntek, hanita, madico

decorative - 1)madico 2) 3m 3)every one else

vinyl graphic film 1)3m, avery, mac tac

large variety - 1)madico, solar gard, Johnson 2) 3m 3)luuluu

Best bang for the buck - 1)Madico, suntek, solar gard 2)Johnson, panorama 4)global, Hanita, 5)3m 6) huper selects 7)huper ceramics, vkool

Best Co to deal with - 1)suntek, johnson, global 2)madico, bekeart, huper, lullu

worst co to deal with - I am no going there but its not near the ocean (but they do stand by there warranty's)

My favorite companies/brands to go up against and take the jobs away from... because its so easy...

1)vista, prestige, huper, any reboxed brand 2) panorama, sunscape

This is just my own opinion based on experience that I have had, or seen. I know very reputable people I look up to in the industry that argue otherwise. Sometimes it seems certain dealers or distributors get the defective or junk stuff while others get the good stuff. with this being said most my film has come from the northeast (in the past) and midwest (currently) distibution territories. If you are in california I can tell you that the lluullu film you got 10 years ago was a much better quality then what was offered in the northeast 10 years ago.

Not in order-

LLumar very good, very high price

Global Very good competitive price

Value Tint very good very competitive on price - looks nice installs nice :thumb

Aegis/Advantage good film good price :thumb

Madico Good film Outrageous pricing

SolarGard - eh, I don't like 'em :barf

My favorite companies/brands to go up against and take the jobs away from... because its so easy...

1)vista, prestige, huper, any reboxed brand 2) panorama, sunscape

Why Sunscape? I agree with the others...its easy for me too. But we both use Madico (I don't use sunscape b/c I can't get it, yet) and Sunscape is just a little more than the standard Madico. Is it b/c the TSER isn't much different from the standard Madico, for example SB341 66% / SL280 67%??

Guest metro jim

I like Sunscape too, the dg's are great and very sellable, but when your not a sunscape dealer and you cannot get the product without going through a 3rd party, you tell your custy that it adds and unnessesary additional cost to the installation (2x on shipping plus any 3rd party markup they may add). When people relize that they understand how the price gets inflated (use the opec example) then all of a sudden other products priced that same appear to have more value. Remember that the installation work is much more important then any brand when it comes to a quality job.

Which tint film is best and which should be avoided in 2015? Lots of these posts are outdated. What is best in the year 2015 in the Conn,NY,NJ,PA area? In the area Madico, Wincos, Suntek, Llumar, Huber Optik is carried. I want a black / charcoal. But no blueish please ,which I heard Llumar or, Wincos had at one time. Also no haze,

Any NEW thoughts here? It has been a while and new products come out and companies get bought up by companies.

Archived