fm radio doesnt work

Guest oasisglatint
FM or AM? We install all day hybrid film on all kinds of cars and never had a problem with FM radio...

:rollin We use mostly hybrids, and only had 1 issue in the past 10 yrs. Some old guy that listens to am :rollin in his beemer. Never had any fm problems. Did you relief any on the back glass. I've heard that if you cut thru a defroster line that it can cause this.

Guest toyotaman78
FM or AM? We install all day hybrid film on all kinds of cars and never had a problem with FM radio...

:rollin We use mostly hybrids, and only had 1 issue in the past 10 yrs. Some old guy that listens to am :rollin in his beemer. Never had any fm problems. Did you relief any on the back glass. I've heard that if you cut thru a defroster line that it can cause this.

On toyotas there is one defroster line that houses the antennae and if you relief it all the way across you can use any film you want. I use Llumar atr and do this to every one at our dealership.

I posted a topic about sat radio inteference here a while back. Toyota puts the antenna on the back deck to save money on alot of cars. I knew metallized films are suppose to interfere. Hers the kicker- I called XM and talked to a tech about it and he told me that box is a booster. The main signal comes from the factory antenna connection. OK wel then it workedl I believe the antenna is in the glass above the defroster on those cars- but I moved the box outside on one I had 2 years ago this was, on an avalon. It worked then. I havent got a straight answer about this. Just speculation.

Archived