The Rookie

Guest TheStig

Guest TheStig

First off I would like to think you all for the mass of information I have learned in the last few days being on here. I have ran a commercial automotive retail store for almost 5 years now, and getting tired of working my butt off just to make more money for someone else. I have been doing car detailing, and powder coat/polishing for a little bit now just in my free time for extra cash. I thought I really needed something extra to be able to offered customers before I thought about stepping out into my own business. So far I have tint all the windows at my store now, and a few friends cars just as practice. I have yet to tackle a rear glass or anything like I new beetle. One good and bad thing for me is where I am located there isn't anyone that really does this, good for business, but bad for learning. I have seen many videos on ebay that "teach" you how to tint. I understand it isn't something you can just learn but I think I have the ability to be able to do it, just need to learn the tips/tricks to keep profit higher and waste down. I think I have worn the "E" off the search button using it so much, trying to figure out what tint I should start buying, where from, what tools and where. If you all have any good distributors, help, and advice I would be very greatful and will help with anything that I may be able to help you with.

Once again I would like to thank you guys in advance, and hope with to have a good profitable business for my family and I.

:rollin

Guest TheStig
where abouts are you from that will help first with determining film distributors,

I think you will find stans dvd's useful to learn from and if your in the states maybe even attend his tint school !

http://www.autowindowtinting.com/

stan is on here as "flat rock stan"

:rollin

I was just checking out his site. I thought about ordering the DVD's but a little nervous. I am located in the states (Kentucky).

I Think its $100 off if you mention tintdude.com !

they are supposed to be the best DVD's for tinting out there many people on here will back that up , I however have only seen the short cuts of them on you tube but even they can help to a degree so the full dvd's would definately help you. couple of hundred bucks now youl make that up in the first few cars you do

Guest tintmanlibby
If I can get 100 off the if I buy the package of all 14 hours of DVD's sign me up..lol.

save your money and go to tint school ! I never went ,but rock it how you can .fyi dont lose any of your detail custy by tintin there window's :rollin:rollin

Guest TheStig
If I can get 100 off the if I buy the package of all 14 hours of DVD's sign me up..lol.

save your money and go to tint school ! I never went ,but rock it how you can .fyi dont lose any of your detail custy by tintin there window's :rollin:rollin

Good advice. I can see how there would be a comflict of interest.

if you can do both , do a course and buy the dvd's, over here in Australia Johnsons films run courses and I think they might over there too so do Llumar or if you can get to where Stan is (im not sure of where he is to where you are) then that might be a good option to do his course and get the dvd's , dvd's will help you understand a little more , give you ideas on techniques and if your ever stuck you can check the dvd out.

I did a course over here a while back it helped a bit I learnt a few new things and my speed has increased since. also was told if im ever stuck with a car to give them a call and theyl talk me through it !

a course and the dvd's arent going to make you a tinter but they will defiantely help with your skills and its a great way to start if your either not looking to work ina shop or cant get work in a shop , in my case I couldnt get work in any tint shops in Sydney so I did the course and and am going out witha mobile tinter I know every now and then to learn more and im doing friends cars and friends of friends cars now but soon I will take on regular customers cars.

when your starting out practice on your own car and your friends cars much safer that way and what ive been doing is charging enough to double my costs and slowly increasing the prices which allows me to buy more film and take on more jobs as word gets around.

if you can do both , do a course and buy the dvd's, over here in Australia Johnsons films run courses and I think they might over there too so do Llumar or if you can get to where Stan is (im not sure of where he is to where you are) then that might be a good option to do his course and get the dvd's , dvd's will help you understand a little more , give you ideas on techniques and if your ever stuck you can check the dvd out.

I did a course over here a while back it helped a bit I learnt a few new things and my speed has increased since. also was told if im ever stuck with a car to give them a call and theyl talk me through it !

a course and the dvd's arent going to make you a tinter but they will defiantely help with your skills and its a great way to start if your either not looking to work ina shop or cant get work in a shop , in my case I couldnt get work in any tint shops in Sydney so I did the course and and am going out witha mobile tinter I know every now and then to learn more and im doing friends cars and friends of friends cars now but soon I will take on regular customers cars.

when your starting out practice on your own car and your friends cars much safer that way and what ive been doing is charging enough to double my costs and slowly increasing the prices which allows me to buy more film and take on more jobs as word gets around.

I'm doing the same thing

Archived