commission sales

Guest tintmanlibby
The first shop I worked for had an outside salesperson that was paid 10% of what she sold. I don't know if that is average or not.

that's what most shop's that are that big pay .oh yea plus gas :rollin

make sure you have his day plain out and have contact info for every stop he make's just so you can follow up on him :rollin after all it your lively hood

Guest mr3y1956

Commission should be on a sliding scale. The more per square foot a job is sold for the higher the commish.

If he gets weak in the knees and sells it for less, then his $$ should be less.

Limits should be set on big projects over $$,$$$. Profits are generally less.

Commission should be on a sliding scale. The more per square foot a job is sold for the higher the commish.

If he gets weak in the knees and sells it for less, then his $$ should be less.

Limits should be set on big projects over $$,$$$. Profits are generally less.

I agree with that, I wouldn't pay 10%, I'd rather do the sales myself more likely to get the job vs. joe blow who really doesn't know anything about the film & installation. Im sure he'd be trained first to sell the film but still he won't know NEARLY as much. :dunno

-unless I had 5 bids a day everyday & never any time to install I wouldn't pay anyone 10% to sell a job.

I agree with that, I wouldn't pay 10%, I'd rather do the sales myself more likely to get the job vs. joe blow who really doesn't know anything about the film & installation. Im sure he'd be trained first to sell the film but still he won't know NEARLY as much. :dunno

-unless I had 5 bids a day everyday & never any time to install I wouldn't pay anyone 10% to sell a job.

well, maybe the only way to get 5 bids a day is to have a salesman. y'er thinkadat?

I agree with that, I wouldn't pay 10%, I'd rather do the sales myself more likely to get the job vs. joe blow who really doesn't know anything about the film & installation. Im sure he'd be trained first to sell the film but still he won't know NEARLY as much. :lol6

well, maybe the only way to get 5 bids a day is to have a salesman. y'er thinkadat?

ok well I agree with you there, they'd have to go out and get em their selves because we aren't scheduling 5 bids a day, maybe 5 a week but I can handle that. :lol

I have a salesman and pay him 15% commish on his own leads, jobs he brings. If I give him a lead then it is 10%.

I worked for someone that did this as well. He would have a chart of minimum amounts per square ft a job can be sold for. For example, less than 150 sq ft, $6 per sq ft, above 150, $5.50, or whatever. He also gave us 75% of the pad. So if I sold a job for $8 per sq, I got the 75% of the difference at $6 per sq. Get it? He also paid every other tank of gas, and paid all tolls. He didn't pay me jack sh*t as an installer though....$.55 per sq.

Archived