Advertise Here

N S E W?

Jack

Just getting into FG and am hoping some of the vet's on here can " shed some light " on this question. I hear that the film a custy chooses should also take into account the direction they their windows face... please enlighten me.

Thanx

Guest mr3y1956

My Family still runs a FG business today and a few things that I believe are helpful are as follows:

Approach your prospect as a problem solver, Gather as much info as you can during the intial phone call.

There are certain films that solve certain problems, there are no "one size fits all"

Never give a customer your entire sample book. They will always pick the wrong film. You have to be the expert.

Be a good student. You need to learn as much as you can about the different films and the different glass types.

FG is NOT something that you can get into overnight without proper training. You can damage a Valuable piece of glass that will cost you

10 times more than the profit you were hoping for.

Unless you can commit to FG full time and treat it justly, then you run the risk of confusing customers and losing your arse.

My Family still runs a FG business today and a few things that I believe are helpful are as follows:

Approach your prospect as a problem solver, Gather as much info as you can during the intial phone call.

There are certain films that solve certain problems, there are no "one size fits all"

Never give a customer your entire sample book. They will always pick the wrong film. You have to be the expert.

Be a good student. You need to learn as much as you can about the different films and the different glass types.

FG is NOT something that you can get into overnight without proper training. You can damage a Valuable piece of glass that will cost you

Unless you can commit to FG full time and treat it justly, then you run the risk of confusing customers and losing your arse.

what do you do when a cust calls and says he has only 2 small windows and need a quote form you but wants you to come to there house to see it first? I find most jobs arent worth the traveling time . What questions do you ask when he calls for info ?

Excellent points you have made. Will definitely take them into account. With regards to N S E W and tips? Which directions get hit the hardest with heat?

Excellent points you have made. Will definitely take them into account. With regards to N S E W and tips? Which directions get hit the hardest with heat?

and, will they get reflected heat/ sun? I find that some stores that might face slightly SW, like a 190 degrees heading, get hit with sun at lower angles where im at, and they also suffer from indirect heat during the summer. they're never sure what exactly to do and tint works great for tem. :dunno

Guest mr3y1956

what do you do when a cust calls and says he has only 2 small windows and need a quote form you but wants you to come to there house to see it first? I find most jobs arent worth the traveling time . What questions do you ask when he calls for info ?

Be polite and explain to them the nature of our business. I would tell them that I am bringing enough film to do the job.

If they're just kicking tires, quote them high.

Agreed... bring enough film to do them on the spot.

I try hard not to turn any business away since you never know who they might refer to you. I've done small jobs that others might never do, but then I end up doing their neighbors, etc.

It's all about how you play the game. :rollin

-R

Guest teamfutaba
Agreed... bring enough film to do them on the spot.

I try hard not to turn any business away since you never know who they might refer to you. I've done small jobs that others might never do, but then I end up doing their neighbors, etc.

It's all about how you play the game. :rollin

-R

thats exactly the reason your still here.

strike up a conversation, make every custy feel special, make sure you tell them what else you do, the last thing I tell them is "tell your friends".

Just getting into FG and am hoping some of the vet's on here can " shed some light " on this question. I hear that the film a custy chooses should also take into account the direction they their windows face... please enlighten me.

Thanx

jack, buy yourself a compass and notice which direction the sun comes into your house and what times of day. these areas may require darker films to reduce heat if that is what the customer wants. keep the compass with you on sales calls as a tool to aid you in helping them choose film shades.

Thanx

jack, buy yourself a compass and notice which direction the sun comes into your house and what times of day. these areas may require darker films to reduce heat if that is what the customer wants. keep the compass with you on sales calls as a tool to aid you in helping them choose film shades.

Great idea. Thnx!

Archived