Which of you Guys read the Book?

Guest Tintbds

Guest Tintbds

In July 2004, Barack Obama electrified the Democratic National Convention with an address that spoke to Americans across the political spectrum. Now, in The Audacity of Hope, Senator Obama calls for a different brand of politics: a politics for those weary of bitter partisanship and alienated by the "endless clash of armies" we see in Congress and on the campaign trail; a politics rooted in the faith, inclusiveness, and nobility of spirit at the heart of "our improbable experiment in democracy". He also speaks, with surprising intimacy and self-deprecating humor, about settling in as a senator, seeking to balance the demands of public service and family life, and his own deepening religious commitment. At the heart of this audiobook is Senator Obama's vision of how we can move beyond our divisions to tackle concrete problems. Underlying his stories about family, friends, members of the Senate, and even the president is a vigorous search for connection: the foundation for a radically hopeful political consensus. A senator and a lawyer, a professor and a father, a Christian and a skeptic, and above all a student of history and human nature, Senator Obama has written a book of transforming power.

All Americans should read. very interesting or listen via audio book :thumb:lol2:beer

:thumb what a crock, Time will tell but it looks like this fairy tale presidency and administration is shaping up to be the second coming of "Clintonia" without Billy Bob and the Biotch.

:thumb what a crock, Time will tell but it looks like this fairy tale presidency and administration is shaping up to be the second coming of "Clintonia" without Billy Bob and the Biotch.

`The best days for america was in the clinton days. Low unemployment , increased education, deficit paid down , the world didnt hate us . I cant believe people are blaming clinton for the current situation we are in . give it up republicans your party screwed up the last 8 years . Time for a change embrace it dont fight it .

`The best days for america was in the clinton days. Low unemployment , increased education, deficit paid down , the world didnt hate us . I cant believe people are blaming clinton for the current situation we are in . give it up republicans your party screwed up the last 8 years . Time for a change embrace it dont fight it .

I don't claim to ba a politically savvy person.

But I did make good money and prosper quite well during clintons' time in office...

I think GWBush is a complete idiot that was not fit to be out commander and chief.

Now we have obama with this share the wealth bullsh!t.. That scares the herl outta me.

IMO I don't think he is fit to be that office either......

I will read the book, just to be more informed on the situation, like TintBDS said.. Knowledge IS Power....

I haven't read it yet, but I plan to...just to see what all the kool-aid drinkers are thinking. I don't think he is fit to be president, but I will support him when/if he does things I agree with. But lets face it, if he does any of the things he promised on the campaign trail, we are doomed.

For those of you who think unemployment was down during the Clinton years better check again. During this presidency, unemployment has been a historic low, up until the last two years. Why?? Well, maybe because the libs have been majority in Congress.

I'm sure this will be brought up as well. "Bush put us in this finiancial crisis!" No, HE didn't. Freddy and Fannie were liberal ran companies. In 2005 some house republicans, including McCain, warned about the disaterous consequence of running these two companies the way they were ran. The dems stood up and said there was nothing wrong with Frannie and Freddy and as far as they were concerned it was running perfectly with no evidence of corruption. Franklin Raines walked away with $90 million, free and clear, for failing!!!

Bush has failed the Rebublican party however, but so has the party itself. Rebulicans need to regroup, and get back to conservative beliefs, like Reagan.

I haven't read it yet, but I plan to...just to see what all the kool-aid drinkers are thinking. I don't think he is fit to be president, but I will support him when/if he does things I agree with. But lets face it, if he does any of the things he promised on the campaign trail, we are doomed.

For those of you who think unemployment was down during the Clinton years better check again. During this presidency, unemployment has been a historic low, up until the last two years. Why?? Well, maybe because the libs have been majority in Congress.

I'm sure this will be brought up as well. "Bush put us in this finiancial crisis!" No, HE didn't. Freddy and Fannie were liberal ran companies. In 2005 some house republicans, including McCain, warned about the disaterous consequence of running these two companies the way they were ran. The dems stood up and said there was nothing wrong with Frannie and Freddy and as far as they were concerned it was running perfectly with no evidence of corruption. Franklin Raines walked away with $90 million, free and clear, for failing!!!

Bush has failed the Rebublican party however, but so has the party itself. Rebulicans need to regroup, and get back to conservative beliefs, like Reagan.

:rock

OOps I agree completly all except the book part :rock

Archived