DEAR TINTDUDES

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well pretty much all car windows have a compound curve and have to be heat formed to accommodate the curves so that the window can be tinted with one piece of film.

Since the film can only be heat shrunk against the grain of the film, a films shrink-ability can make a big difference in the level of difficulty of installation.

Well pretty much all car windows have a compound curve and have to be heat formed to accommodate the curves so that the window can be tinted with one piece of film.

Since the film can only be heat shrunk against the grain of the film, a films shrink-ability can make a big difference in the level of difficulty of installation.

I know that! But why it is SO IMPORTANT?

For example people pay atention to shrinkability - but forget about weak glue, bad color stability and so on.

I know films which shrink like a butter - but glue is like....water, no adhesion. But people like it - BUTTERSHRINKED FILM.

That was my question.

Shrinkability depend from tinters hands.

Leo - can't install even flat glass.

But my tinter INSTALL ANY FILM. ANY.

ANd when my customers told me "Leo, we undertstand, but OUR customers......"

I think that because so many lazy newbies - who dont want learn HOW to install ANY FILM...

N1 for product - TO BE GOOD FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT - CUSTOMER. If film shrink good - but dont help after installation- WHY CUSTOMER MUST BE HAPPY???

IMHO

IMHO

IMHO

It is much faster to work with films that shrink easy, and since time is money...

But to make you feel better, now that I learned how to shrink your filmZ I have to say that I realy like them

(they are well worth taking the extra time to shrink them)

I just hope they'll last long enough 'cause it is more important to me than shrink.

Archived