Choices, choices,choices

Guest TheQueenOfTint

Guest TheQueenOfTint

I have been in business for 8 years and as my residential business grows and I get samples from different film companies I wonder ,1) how many different lines I should carry? 2) How many choices to give the homeowner? Of course it is simple to stick to one company but there are other good options out there. I have a home now that the customer (after the fact) researched other films and asked why I didn't offer them more options. ie. wished it was darker and I put the darkest that the film company I used had available. I could see boxes and boxes of different leftover film on my shelf from different film companies just sitting there. I think simple is better but I do like some other lines and the options as well. Advice??????

Guest TheQueenOfTint

I too believe in the keep it simple stupid idea. Customers only know what we tell them because we are the "experts" ie......LOL. I have heard this from customers regarding quality...(cars)... he/she said that bubble/HAIR would go away.. Anyway I am still curious about offering different lines based on customer need. Say a darker shade that a different company offers..... When showing a customer "limited" choices should one be say suntek, and one be llumar?? If the situation calls for it???

I carry three lines of film. Jwf---for the price conscious customer, LLumar for most customers wanting a good metalized film and Geoshield ceramic for the price is no option customer. I only show them a few choices from each film brand to make it less overwhelming..

carry as many film co's you want but only present 3 choices of film to the custy after assessment of the situation. each film has a different price point. Or two have the same and one is higher. Like two Sunscapes one bronze, one silver the other A huper ceramic line.

Or if they want neutral look, show LLUMAR DR series then higher to that a ceramic series then on top of that a SPEC SELECT series.

:lol

Archived