66 plymouth baracuda

tint_audiopros

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

here is a tip.. get someone else to do it.. :lol:)

ok...but seriously...looks like the top of the window is going to be the hardest part..I would seriously consider getting someone out to remove the window..it will make it easier to shrink...that is the best tip I can give you being that I have never tinted one.

Guest maddtinter

I did one less than 6 months ago.Here is what I did.Right were the window curves at the top(lower part of curve) I ran seam to the bottom about 3 inches in from the side corner.I think my side pieces were about 16 inches wide then one large center piece.Yah, it took 3 pieces.Install the large piece first then either side.I tried to get it one piece but I ran into problems on the sides.When I layed the film on the outside it looked like one piece would work,but it didn't.I use Llumar ATR film.It did take about 10 hours from first attempt to completion.

Guest maddtinter
I did one less than 6 months ago.Here is what I did.Right were the window curves at the top(lower part of curve) I ran seam to the bottom about 3 inches in from the side corner.I think my side pieces were about 16 inches wide then one large center piece.Yah, it took 3 pieces.Install the large piece first then either side.I tried to get it one piece but I ran into problems on the sides.When I layed the film on the outside it looked like one piece would work,but it didn't.I use Llumar ATR film.It did take about 10 hours from first attempt to completion.
I was able to get the one piece install about 85% then it creased.The sides would not form to the curve towards the front of the car.

Archived