Back from Italy

Incredible trip to Italy. Highly recommend the trip for everyone. I did see a few places with film, lousy jobs. A few cars were done, they were awesome jobs. Most of the tinted vehicles belonged to the military police.

Looks like it is time to post hizzo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's refreshing to travel to other countries and return home.

I would encourage all to do so. We really do have it good here in the good ole USA and one can easily take it for granted.

Italy is wonderful... or at least it was in the days I spent time there. I've seen Naples, San Remo (in the North), Toronto (Southeast Coast & about 80% communist back in the days), Messina & Tuoramina (Sicily) and Sardinia (off the West Coast).

Welcome back... :rollin

I would encourage all to do so. We really do have it good here in the good ole USA and one can easily take it for granted.

Welcome back... :thumb

:metint

I had the opurtunity to go to Cuba last yr. What a great trip..I had a personal tour through a town called Moron where tourists aren't really suppose to go..all 50's 60's cars and still horses ..it was like going back in time :thumb

Planning on going back within the next year. Will spend most of our time on the southern portion of Italy. We traced my wife's family back to 1905 at Ellis Island where they came from Italy. Hoping to trace further in Italy

FEDEX came today with one of the three boxes we shipped here. Unfortunately the other two are the ones with the wine. Every meal we had was with a different wine. Asked the waiter each time to decide, each time that were right. In Amalfi they make lemon liquore that the restaurants give you as a relaxing drink after dinner. They say it helps the digestion. I personally think it is to relax the females for the evening!

Because of my size, I was easily spotted as a tourist. After a while I figured out what to say and do. After the first week I could spot the tourists as well.

In Amalfi I was known as the "Big Man". Everyone called me that. On our Taxi ride out, the driver told me everyone knew I was there, when I got there, and when we were leaving. In Amalfi there are only two police there. There are 6000 people with no crime. The officers are there to direct the traffic on the main street and write out tickets in the main parking lot. After WWII Italy passed a law banning any new building on the Amalfi coast. The cities look liike they did 100 year ago

In Pompei everyone asked if I was a mayor of an American city. When we travel, we do whatever it takes to learn and enjoy as much as possible. We hired a driver for the day and a private guide through Pompei. Seems very few people hire guides. For me it was the only way to go. Even with the private guides, our average cost per day was about $225 a day

Once I download my 600 pictures, I will post a couple.

Guest tintslut

In this day and age, if it safe and prudent to ba an american in a foreign country?

Good to see ya made it back safely :lol

Archived