Wholesale prices in sharp decline in October - Nov. 18, 2008

With prices falling, wholesale , energy whatever....

Who is keeping there prices the same and who are lowering them to get the work?

And what will this do as far as those price increse letters the manny's sent out the first of the year

blaming high energy costs on there price increase?

Any chance we see a film price DE-CREASE in 2009?

Heres todays wholesale stats from the last quarter:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/11/18/news/econo...sion=2008111809

With prices falling, wholesale , energy whatever....

Who is keeping there prices the same and who are lowering them to get the work?

And what will this do as far as those price increse letters the manny's sent out the first of the year

blaming high energy costs on there price increase?

Any chance we see a film price DE-CREASE in 2009?

Heres todays wholesale stats from the last quarter:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/11/18/news/econo...sion=2008111809

Haha, fat chance to see a price decrease. I keep my prices the same, and never lower them. I have a bottom line that I set for the films I use. I go in a little higher so the custy has some negotiation room.

I for one have lowered my prices in an ongoing effort to aquire work.

But don't hold your breath if you think the mannys will follow suit. For the most part they are greedy (fill in the blank)s and have illustrated time and again that they are interested in their own bottom line over their customer's.

Wholesale prices falling is just a cyclical event in which the opposite cycle will return eventually bringing with it higher prices yet again.

Thus Capitalism at its best/worst.

But don't hold your breath if you think the mannys will follow suit. For the most part they are greedy (fill in the blank)s and have illustrated time and again that they are interested in their own bottom line over their customer's.

Wholesale prices falling is just a cyclical event in which the opposite cycle will return eventually bringing with it higher prices yet again.

You have a bottom line though right? For example, for flat glass you may sell a job at $6.25 a sq ft, but never go below $5. For cars, I could never go down. I would only be hurting myself b/c the custy may tell a friend, "he did mine for $100, so you know he will do yours for the same" even though you quoted $130..............just an example.

You have a bottom line though right? For example, for flat glass you may sell a job at $6.25 a sq ft, but never go below $5. For cars, I could never go down. I would only be hurting myself b/c the custy may tell a friend, "he did mine for $100, so you know he will do yours for the same" even though you quoted $130..............just an example.

People just don't have as much money as they did so I've adjusted by lowering prices alittle staying open latter and even working on Sundays when I don't have my kids! Just doing whatcha gotta do till season hits again!! :dunno

Guest filmslayer

I keep the prices pretty much the same,but will drop a lil if I'm competing against another shop to get the job,no more than 10-15 on a normal sedan though ....And I'm at the low end of FG already so those don't change...

I have had this problem before when I do a stupid cheap price for someone and then they tell a friend same price and they think at my normal rate well not even normal rate still discounted that I am ripping them off. its hard to be polite about it but if you can be I tell them to call a large franchised shop thats local and get a quote because they charge almost double my retail rate and triple the cheap rate I did for their friend.

cause im starting out by myself now im going to stick to my guns with my pricing only for close friends will I do cheap work and I will tell them they are getting majorly hooked up and not to tell people the price.

as mentioned I would drop maybe $10-$20 to get a job if I needed it but theres a fine line to draw between tightass customers who will cause you grief and just a good customer trying to get a good deal.

I've dropped mine about 10% just trying to get work. It doesn't help much though since all my yocal idiot competition is doing $99 ANY CAR and advertising to do them. Apparently they can't do math, and add up the cost of the overhead of having a shop, the cost of the material, the cost of the ads...to figure out THEY AREN'T MAKING ANYTHING!

Good news is I figure in a few months if it stays like it is they will be out of business. Maybe then I'll be up to tinting 7 cars a week which would seem crazy busy at this point. In fifteen years this is the absolute worst I have ever seen business. I'm off 38% since June.

Guest tintgod

you can still have a "SPECIAL SALE" and not have to worry about having ppl telling others that you did a car for $$$$ and telling others what you charged them and then wanting the same price down the road...just make sure you tell them they are getting a "special price" and this is a one time deal...or it is only good for a month or how ever long you want to run the "special".

you can still have a "SPECIAL SALE" and not have to worry about having ppl telling others that you did a car for $$$$ and telling others what you charged them and then wanting the same price down the road...just make sure you tell them they are getting a "special price" and this is a one time deal...or it is only good for a month or how ever long you want to run the "special".

Yeh that's what I'm doing. If you check out my website pricing it says we are lowering prices due to the turmoil in the current economy. After the market comes back, so will higher prices. Therefore it is only a tempory price reduction.

Archived