Scaffolding---To buy or not to buy?

Guest TheQueenOfTint

Guest TheQueenOfTint

Hey, it's me again...

As my residential business grows, and more of the new homes having high "half moon" type windows Large ones at that. I find it harder to access them with my regular ladders. I have 2 sizes of the Werner... "little giant" types. Today I needed it to become a 14' step ladder and the magic wasn't there. Tried to get to them with the extension version of it. Tall enough but no place to put it and get to the windows... I have been thinking about buying some scaffolding for a while but 1) what kind? 2) how heavy and hard to put together is it? 3) how expensive is it?

What do you guys do about those pesky high non accessible windows??

Thanks!

K

I also rent my scaffolding. I charge an extra scaffolding fee for high windows which covers rental, pickup, setup and teardown time. While quoting I explain the fee plus the extra time, insurance, risk involved in tinting high windows. Thus far, everyone has said the fee is reasonable and understandable.

Buy,Buy,Buy,Buy,Buy,Buy,Buy,Buy,Buy,Buy,Buy,Buy,Buy!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb

cramer.jpg

The past two months I have used mine six times.

Mine are like brand new. There is no concrete, dirt, old paint to deal with while trying to keep the customer's house clean

Try Lowes. I bought mine for $190 each and have four sets. I also have outriggers I bought from Tractors Supply

Guest joesinla
What I have seen of scaffolding around here, I wouldn't take it into a house. Where can you rent "clean" scaffolding? And Is it hard to put together?

I've assembled some pretty large, nasty and paint covered scaffolding in some really nice homes. Just make sure to put drop cloth EVERYWHERE (watch those priceless chotskies :thumb ) Renting is more economical for us because we operate out of downtown Los Angeles, and storage is a factor. Also, your not tied down to one type of scaffold. Happy tinting!

scaffolding.jpg

Archived