Tinting over tint?

Guest alia

Hi, My car Toyota Matrix was tinted illegally (I was told it was legal) and then I had to have it removed by the place- and I asked for 35% on all windows. Instead, they did 50% to my horror. The car needs to be as dark as it can be for security purposes. In any case they refused to fix it, so I am screwed $248 worth so I may have to fix it myself. Any ideas?

What percentage can I put on over it to amount to 35%? :thumb

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunshade

Go back to the business and demand that they make it right. If they don't take them to small claims. :thumb

You don't want to tint over tint, bad idea. :DD

Just my personal opinion. :nope

If you asked for 35% ..then that's what you should have gotten..forget about "going over it " with another layer of tint...not in this case at all. You can, but that's more for when guys want a back window of a truck done in double limo or something. You'll just get more of a distorted view than you should for the amount you want. Take it back :thumb

If you asked for 35% and got 50% then you should take it back. As far as tinting on tint...I've done it so many times it's ridiculous, because of the graphics we've done in the past. My truck back glass has 3 layers on it to get the design I wanted. I recently did a car.....she came back later on with a doctor's note wanting it darker so I just put a second layer over top of the first one. I've never had any problems with doing layers. I won't do it with flat glass though!!!

Guest Litespeeds

I usually tell my customer's that it is a bad idea to tint over tint because you will be looking through 2 layers of adhesive and it might distort your view. I have tinted over tint for about maybe 5 cars throughout my 15+ years in business.

I would suggest that you bring your car back to the tint shop and have them remove and retint it to the shade that you requested. Keep us posted.

Archived