Advertise Here

Bag of worms.....

Guest Almo

OK ok... I know that I am going to get a billion different answers here but before I ask the question..... all I want is to base this on is an AVERAGE... ok.. AVERAGE..... let's say a 4 door Toyota Camry.... 2005-2008... AVERAGE VEHICLE...

Out of a box of 60" x 100 Linear feet...... how much film would you Suggest it would take to film the side glass and the rear glass. I am thinking about 30 inches x ..mmmmmmm 10-12 linear feet?

Almo

20 for the side glass and 40 for the rear? I don't do vehicles but one of my noobies over seas wants to utilize security film on cars... I warned him... ALOT not to use it but he is insistant. As long as he pays I suppose.. he can do what he likes..... glad he's not doing my car... anyways.....

20 and 40.. thanks for the answer boss.

Almo

PS., long time no talk!

for a back 1/2 its usually about 21 linear sq ft. if its complete its right around 30 or so hope I helped

21??? Damn, you use a lot of film. The rear door glass is about 2.5 ft wide, and you can get the quarter from excess from the rear glass which is about 4-5 ft wide. Im guessing 10-11ft for back half, but like TD says, if you cut the 60" 20/40, you will only use about 5ft-7ft for total car. If using a 40" you would use about 11-14ft for the entire car.

Guest tintdude1982
for a back 1/2 its usually about 21 linear sq ft. if its complete its right around 30 or so hope I helped

21??? Damn, you use a lot of film. The rear door glass is about 2.5 ft wide, and you can get the quarter from excess from the rear glass which is about 4-5 ft wide. Im guessing 10-11ft for back half, but like TD says, if you cut the 60" 20/40, you will only use about 5ft-7ft for total car. If using a 40" you would use about 11-14ft for the entire car.

YES THE AVERAGE CAR IS APPROX 4FT FOR THE BACK GLASS,2.5-3FT FOR THE BACK DOORS AND APPROX 3FT FOR THE FRONTS THATS ABOUT 9 FT OF FILM PULLED AND MULTIPLY IT BY 3 FT (36INCHES) THATS 27 SQUARE FEET . DID YOU EVER TAKE MATH?

YES THE AVERAGE CAR IS APPROX 4FT FOR THE BACK GLASS,2.5-3FT FOR THE BACK DOORS AND APPROX 3FT FOR THE FRONTS THATS ABOUT 9 FT OF FILM PULLED AND MULTIPLY IT BY 3 FT (36INCHES) THATS 27 SQUARE FEET . DID YOU EVER TAKE MATH?

There is no such thing as LINEAR sq ft. I thought you meant linear ft. But yes, at 18/18 for the doors and 36 for the rear, I see it would be 27sq ft. :rollin

no need to get testy, I misunderstood you.

Archived