Advertise Here

2 door Nissan Altima

Ryker

Tinted a 2009 2 door Altima Saturday and had my first real fight with the dot matrix in years. I have most dots lay down and look very nice, but this car was horrible.

It didn't want to stick first off, then I got it to start to stick a bit better with the 4th or 5th squeegee pass. Went outside to look at it and it was just nasty looking. I grabbed my trusty rubbing alcohol/ water mix, peeled back the dots, sprayed, and re-squeegeed the film again. It still was looking like trash...

After a bunch of time heating up with my heat lamps and hitting it with the heat gun as well, it began to look pretty even, but still didn't look very good. It did not look like my "normal" cars. My only relief was that they had a 2008 model up front that looked worse than mine did....so I left it.

While it looked worse than my normal, it was not as bad as most others that I see so I didn't let it bug me that much.....

Moral: Watch out for the 2 door Altima dots

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maddtinter

You results will be significantly better if you use a high performance matte finish vinyl.It is very simple to do.Trim the film off on the outside then trace it over your vinyl.It makes the installation look stunning.We have been using vinyl for almost 10 years not once have I seen it fail.I can tell that you are concerned about your finished product.Try it you will love it.

You results will be significantly better if you use a high performance matte finish vinyl.It is very simple to do.Trim the film off on the outside then trace it over your vinyl.It makes the installation look stunning.We have been using vinyl for almost 10 years not once have I seen it fail.I can tell that you are concerned about your finished product.Try it you will love it.

:bingo Yep vinyl does a fantastic job. Perfect pitch black finish. Never had a failure either.

Guest tintmanlibby
seriously, first the accord now this. tint it and let it go. when it dries it will be uniform. the same with the newer civics and newer altima sedans. no need for glue or vinyl. its the ones that come out not uniform that glue needs to be done.

very true :spit I guess I've been using glue for so long it's like habbit,but this vinal thing blow's my mind .

I can't bring myself to take a brand new car that someone just paid me $400.00 to tint and stick a vinal strip on it.

my custy's would flip out if I did that.

just image when they come out to inspect there car and they see a vinal strip.

holly stop payment on check batman,

I guess they won't be intrested in a clear bra after that,or maybe they would .they see I can already use vinnal :bingo

but to each there own

its trial and error. whenever youre driving around and you see a newer car look at the dots. if they are uniformlly not stuck dont do anything, these are the hardest ones to glue down. other than those ive listed and the old 97 q45's, we glue them all. some need to be sanded then glued like the mustangs. glue doesnt hold up on those. also the older honda 2 drs need special attention to get the glue to stay down.

I did a 2dr Altima few weeks ago and I sanded the dots with 600 grit sand paper for about ten minutes! Cleaned the matrix area with acetone, installed the film, pulled the film off just the dots and put a heat lamp on it for 15 minutes! Put a wet paper towel around a hard card and slowly push it up inch by inch dry! Soon as the film hits that hot glass it bonds beautifully!

Guest maddtinter
its trial and error. whenever youre driving around and you see a newer car look at the dots. if they are uniformlly not stuck dont do anything, these are the hardest ones to glue down. other than those ive listed and the old 97 q45's, we glue them all. some need to be sanded then glued like the mustangs. glue doesnt hold up on those. also the older honda 2 drs need special attention to get the glue to stay down.
That is oh so true,but looks like :twocents Picture those back glass with 4 to 6 inchjes of white with a solid black appearance.You tell me what looks better.Also, TLibby if you are getting 4 c-notes a job if installed the vinyl you probably would get 4 1/2 c-notes.Oh but what do you know you think Gary from Huper started F1.He worked for CP and was a Program Mgr.He did not develop the program.

Archived