2 door Nissan Altima

Guest tintmanlibby
its trial and error. whenever youre driving around and you see a newer car look at the dots. if they are uniformlly not stuck dont do anything, these are the hardest ones to glue down. other than those ive listed and the old 97 q45's, we glue them all. some need to be sanded then glued like the mustangs. glue doesnt hold up on those. also the older honda 2 drs need special attention to get the glue to stay down.
That is oh so true,but looks like :thumb Picture those back glass with 4 to 6 inchjes of white with a solid black appearance.You tell me what looks better.Also, TLibby if you are getting 4 c-notes a job if installed the vinyl you probably would get 4 1/2 c-notes.Oh but what do you know you think Gary from Huper started F1.He worked for CP and was a Program Mgr.He did not develop the program.

either way he was a big piece of the puzzle ,I seriously dought I could get more money for vinal. I personally dont like it nor do I want to use it! :twocents .at any rate I don't need vinal, my skkt is uniform and laid down right no problem's here :bingo

I just cant let this vinal thing go

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never had a problem with those, just use vinyl. There's a black one I limo tinted and vinyled sitting on the Nissan dealers showroom floor with 350Z wheels and tires. Looks b*&%ing!

Guest VaTinterPMan

vinyl is pop! used it once on the 04 05 altima can remember which one but I hated it. Only did it cause of custy didnt like the way the tint looked on it! still got the extra 45 ft from 50 ft roll I got the oracle 831 841 something like that right? Wont use that crap again unless asked to!!!!!

Guest scottydosnntkno
for me its uniform down, or uniform not down. ANYTHING in between is a no go. you get "how come it looks good here then looks bad there?" and then youre just BSing till they go away

:smoker my customers pay me to tint their windows, not put vinyl on it. I would be PISSED if someone did that too my car, and I now couldn't see out of the top 4-8" of my back glass. Its either uniform up(like some BMWs) or glue it(camaros, fusions, mkzs, etc)

sux last week I had a return custy come back with his rsx. he had the backglass broken out and replaced so he came back for us to retint it. this time it was an aftermarket glass so the dots didnt take. they were actually uniformlly not sticking. so ALL of the dots looked silver. we told him the situation and it could be redone but no gaurantess it will look better like when he had a factory glass. we said we could retint it and sand and glue the dots, and hope it was like his very first job. I gauranteed it flat down if he got an oem glass installed but I told him the glass alone is almost a thousand.

showed him our Q45 and they were the same. said it looks good cuz its not all wavy and down here and not there.

sux he wasnt happy, but we offered every solution FREE. it was just up to him to take the risk

Yup, I know exactly what you talking about. We had one in the shop a few weeks back. I Blue Glued it the first time and it turn'd out looking very uniform. Better than I thought it would have turned out. It came back customer didnt like it so I Vinyl'd it this go around, turned out pretty good. Not as well as the first time in my opinion. But what ever....Came back in let the other tinter have a go at it since they thought they could do better. Same end results...It came back...

So.......dramatic pause..............

Called out rep told us they had some actuall "dot matrix" film that he swore would work. Got it in re did it again looked like POOP. Called rep back, pretty pissed by that point...Found out that you can wet that glass with that film..Clean it squeeeeege it dry and only wet the film and get to stick'n...

Turned out to be one of the most kick ass dot matrix I have ever seen. Stuff actually worked... You be the judge. Im sold on it.

Ill try and post a pic of it tomorrow.

seriously, first the accord now this. tint it and let it go. when it dries it will be uniform. the same with the newer civics and newer altima sedans. no need for glue or vinyl. its the ones that come out not uniform that glue needs to be done.

very true :twocents I guess I've been using glue for so long it's like habbit,but this vinal thing blow's my mind .

I can't bring myself to take a brand new car that someone just paid me $400.00 to tint and stick a vinal strip on it.

my custy's would flip out if I did that.

just image when they come out to inspect there car and they see a vinal strip.

holly stop payment on check batman,

I guess they won't be intrested in a clear bra after that,or maybe they would .they see I can already use vinnal :beer

but to each there own

YOU GET 4Bills to tint a CAR!!!!!!!!!WTF

Guest naughtydog
Yup, I know exactly what you talking about. We had one in the shop a few weeks back. I Blue Glued it the first time and it turn'd out looking very uniform. Better than I thought it would have turned out. It came back customer didnt like it so I Vinyl'd it this go around, turned out pretty good. Not as well as the first time in my opinion. But what ever....Came back in let the other tinter have a go at it since they thought they could do better. Same end results...It came back...

So.......dramatic pause..............

Called out rep told us they had some actuall "dot matrix" film that he swore would work. Got it in re did it again looked like POOP. Called rep back, pretty pissed by that point...Found out that you can wet that glass with that film..Clean it squeeeeege it dry and only wet the film and get to stick'n...

Turned out to be one of the most kick ass dot matrix I have ever seen. Stuff actually worked... You be the judge. Im sold on it.

Ill try and post a pic of it tomorrow.

So what film is it then? are you going to spill the beans>??

Archived