vinal on dot matrix or not

Guest tintmanlibby

Guest oasisglatint
This is a subject I guess tinters will debate on forever! I see alot of you guys and gals like the vinal application for matrix and some do not! There are so many different styles of tinting that the only thing that really matters is what the customers thinks! I prefer to sand,pull the film down, and heat the matrix but I'm willing to try vinal and way out the pros and cons! It's good to keep an open mind to different styles even if we don't agree! All you can do is try new things and decide if it's good for you or not! :thumb

Kudos :thumb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TINTSMORE

WOW! Been doin' this 22 years and never tried glue. I did today and WOW! Was on a '07 Civic. Looks Great! I used CVS brand glue gel (blueish green in color) :thumb

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
WOW! Been doin' this 22 years and never tried glue. I did today and WOW! Was on a '07 Civic. Looks Great! I used CVS brand glue gel (blueish green in color) :thumb

I ripped the tint off of my firebird lastnight with my bran new steamer, used some ST carbon that I've never shrunk before, and glued my matrix that I've only done once before. Don't you love trying new things? Thanks for the tip on where to get blue glue gel. I've been having some trouble finding any on my local shelves.

I am not saying that vinyl shouldn't be done at all, if it works for you and your customers more power to you, but I can look at the picture from above and I don't like the way it looks. To me it is less conform and another break in the tint. I can see difference in black and yes there is a noticeable seam there.

:lol2 IMHO it doesn't look factory, it may look good to you and your customers (which is great), but it's two different shades of black, it sticks out in the photos :lol2

and I don't like how it looks in the rear view mirror (once again, MY opinion)

Guest maddtinter
I am not saying that vinyl shouldn't be done at all, if it works for you and your customers more power to you, but I can look at the picture from above and I don't like the way it looks. To me it is less conform and another break in the tint. I can see difference in black and yes there is a noticeable seam there.

:lol2 IMHO it doesn't look factory, it may look good to you and your customers (which is great), but it's two different shades of black, it sticks out in the photos :lol2

I never new that film looks like factory privacy glass. :lol2

:twocents IMHO it doesn't look factory, it may look good to you and your customers (which is great), but it's two different shades of black, it sticks out in the photos :rollin

I never new that film looks like factory privacy glass. :twocents

I'm sorry, I meant the vinyl doesn't look like the factory border, it's a different shade of black (somebody above said it looked just like the factory black border and I dissagree) :ohcrap

Guest oasisglatint

:twocents IMHO it doesn't look factory, it may look good to you and your customers (which is great), but it's two different shades of black, it sticks out in the photos :twocents

:rollin

Not trying to be an arse, maybe I've never seen a "properly" glued back glass......

Are you telling me that, film with adhesive + glue used in elementary skewl + dot matrix = the "exact same" look as the rest of the back glass?? :ohcrap

AGAIN, maybe I've not see one done right.

:twocents IMHO it doesn't look factory, it may look good to you and your customers (which is great), but it's two different shades of black, it sticks out in the photos :twocents

:rollin

Not trying to be an arse, maybe I've never seen a "properly" glued back glass......

Are you telling me that, film with adhesive + glue used in elementary skewl + dot matrix = the "exact same" look as the rest of the back glass?? :ohcrap

AGAIN, maybe I've not see one done right.

I don't think it looks any goofier than vinyl, actually looks better from the outside, looks blurry from the inside but it's in the dots, so what? And not a glue stick, a liquid clear gel that fills up the air.(you probably haven't seen one done right)

Guest oasisglatint

looks blurry from the inside but it's in the dots, so what?

:twocents

I'm confused..... You don't like the way it looks in the rear view........... but blurry inside," it's in the dots, so what?"

looks bad in rear view=bad, but blurry= no big deal :twocents just ax'n??

Archived