vinal on dot matrix or not

Guest tintmanlibby

ehh....I guess it's not that blurry, it's all relative...

buddy way back had a 90-ish Trans Am with vinyl and didn't like the way looked from the inside, it's been so long I'm not sure anymore but I thought you could see it dip down in the rear view mirror, didn't like it, or maybe it was just how it looked from the inside, too much of a drastic change (I know, it's no different than the rest of the edges) It just looks unnatural, like with the Eclipse, it's across the defroster lines, looks goofy as hell! I've always glued them with Aileen's, but now I'm going to try TA's method, ideally it would look better just tinted all the way up past the dots, correctly, right?

IDK but I'm going to try, and if it doesn't work, I'm going to pull it back down, lay a bead of glue in dar, moosh it out and be done with it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oasisglatint
but now I'm going to try TA's method, ideally it would look better just tinted all the way up past the dots, correctly, right?

:twocents

God luck to ya. I've been trying it lately, and had great results with some and so-so results with others. Probably my in-experience with it, or the fact that I don't sand the dots................ so freak'n messy...........

You mentioned the older trans am's, I don't vinyl those or vettes. Circular dots I used to tint and mash the ba-jesus out of, now I'm let'n them hang. Did a vette recently and it looked NICE!

Good luck

:twocents

Guest tintmanlibby
I would like to see some pic's of vinal on the back window of someone z 28 , :spam

maybe you should take a perminet marker and color in the dot's ,but that's only when your done coloring the light gap's on the door's :jerkit

A pic of a Z28.Why?That back glass is easy.Ask for a harder car.Light gaps on doors?Act your age.

reason for z28 or vette is because ,vinal would look rediculus on them .me personally I treat all car the same no matter what they are .it my work out of my shop .it's a pride thing :gasp

Guest maddtinter
I would like to see some pic's of vinal on the back window of someone z 28 , :spam

maybe you should take a perminet marker and color in the dot's ,but that's only when your done coloring the light gap's on the door's :jerkit

A pic of a Z28.Why?That back glass is easy.Ask for a harder car.Light gaps on doors?Act your age.

reason for z28 or vette is because ,vinal would look rediculus on them .me personally I treat all car the same no matter what they are .it my work out of my shop .it's a pride thing :gasp

I have replaced film on Z28 with vinyl.Not replace the whole film just the dot matrix area.This has come about from customers seeing the results of the vinyl on others customers cars.I know that there are alot of variables to deal with(film product,glass manufacturer,mounting sloution,prep work,etc.).The vehicles like a new Nisssan Altima will look better with vinyl as well as allow the installer to finish faster.Time is $$$$.Also I see you install Huper film.From what I have seen and read on forums the film will look shinier than other auto films.Therefore installing you choice of film will blend in better across the dotted matrix because of its reflectivity.

Archived