Switching films what to use?

Guest Jerry250f

Guest Jerry250f

Well I used 2 40" by 100ft rolls of solar tech hp film. I thought it was pretty good stuff and all, well on this second roll I noticed that the 2 plys on the film would actually separate on the film! I emailed them and still didn't get any call back or results and when I call, nothing. Not to mention either my milwaukee heat gun is junk or this film just doesn't shrink hardly at all. :lol2 I don't think its the heat gun either... So right now im in a little bit of a decision since I have to tint probably about 10-12 cars sometime in the next week or two.

I need something that shrinks really nice, keeps its color, and thick enough where it wont rip or crease real easy!

I'm not too concerned if its metal or not but I been looking at global Charcoal premium film and their Quick dry plus.

Let me know what you guys think of those 2 films and if you have any other suggestions on what to get

Well I used 2 40" by 100ft rolls of solar tech hp film. I thought it was pretty good stuff and all, well on this second roll I noticed that the 2 plys on the film would actually separate on the film! I emailed them and still didn't get any call back or results and when I call, nothing. Not to mention either my milwaukee heat gun is junk or this film just doesn't shrink hardly at all. :lol2 I don't think its the heat gun either... So right now im in a little bit of a decision since I have to tint probably about 10-12 cars sometime in the next week or two.

I need something that shrinks really nice, keeps its color, and thick enough where it wont rip or crease real easy!

I'm not too concerned if its metal or not but I been looking at global Charcoal premium film and their Quick dry plus.

Let me know what you guys think of those 2 films and if you have any other suggestions on what to get

Well, we all have our preferences, but I like Madico, many here don't.

as tintjunkie says it is personal prefference,

im trying out the Suntek carbon line at the moment its pretty good but it isa cheaper film it has lifetime warrenty but just how long it lasts time will tell.

I also have used johnsons sillouette line thats not a bad metalised film.

and I plan to try out solamatrix new films im awaiting a sample roll but I saw some guys shrink it and it shrinks real nice and in my eyes I liked the look of it over any other film ive used.

Guest Jerry250f

Wow global has the best customer service I've came across. I just got a sample roll delivered by a rep to my house, Im going down my shop now and I'm gonna see what this QDP is made of. :thumb

Archived