Customer not pleased

Ok so I tinted a G6 coupe over the weekend. I showed the customer all the shades I carry and pictures of the cars I have done. So he picks 40% charcoal. Doesn't want it too dark. So thats a good shade. So I install it and everything comes out nice. So I explain to him that it will look hazy for few days and not to roll down the windows for atleast 3 days. Well he emails me the next day and complained that he couldn't see out at night and the windows looks foggy and bubbly and the one front window was peeling already, and that he stated he took all the tint off. I emailed back and stated that he should have called me before removing the tint, and asked him if he rolled the front window down? Of course the answer was no, but I said I would have redone the one window for him and explained to him that the window is going to look like that fora day or so, just need to give it time to set. He wants his money back of course as well, and I also asked him how he removed the rear window tint without damaging the defroster lines (just to see what he would say) he just responded there fine thanks. So it sounds to me he is trying to scam me. I did say Id offer him half his money back. (only becase he is a broadcaster for a local radio station and don't want him bad mouthing, as much as I would hope he wouldn't. Because that would jsut be shady but you never know these days.

Guest Texstar

Have him bring the car by and if the tint is indeed all the way off give him his money back and chalk it up as lesson learned. IF the tint is on there ask him why he lied.

I definitely wouldnt do anything until I saw the car though. :thumb

I always tell people to give the film atleast 2 weeks to fully cure. do NOT even think of calling me until the film has cured for 2 weeks. if he pulled the film off himself he doesn't deserve a dime back. don't give him shiat.

he should have come by the shop, I can't stand people that just wanna communicate through email or text when they can just pick up the friggin phone or come by the shop.

shiat the majority of warranty cards say "can take up to 30 days to fully cure" right on them anyway. :thumb

I've got a customer I'm dealing with right now. the film is infinity 35. it's been 2 weeks and it still has some dimples in it. (and no...we don't limp wrist. that's what happens with freezing temps and fully metallized film.) he wants it redone.....why???? you're just going to have to deal with the curing all over again? :thumb

Yeah I know I didn't want to give him back anything. Im willing to work with people if there is a problem. Its usually something minor like hey there is a small bubble or something I usually just tell him to give another week if not come byte the shop. I usually don't hear from after that week.Some people just don't get it. When I was heat shrinking he goes oh it goes on the outside? Won't it blow off?I was thinking to myself this guy is a moron. He def seem a little strange. And its def going to take a little longer to set with the cold weather. He already stated he doesn't want it redone. Which of course I wouldn't just do it again for nothing either. Just not even really want todeal with the whole problem Im just gonna send him half his money back. And well nothing from the tip either. It just pissed me off more than anything that it wasn't even 24 hours, and he could have just called! Oh well. Its just ashame the things we all have to deal with sometimes.

Guest oasisglatint
Yeah I know I didn't want to give him back anything. Im willing to work with people if there is a problem. Its usually something minor like hey there is a small bubble or something I usually just tell him to give another week if not come byte the shop. I usually don't hear from after that week.Some people just don't get it. When I was heat shrinking he goes oh it goes on the outside? Won't it blow off?I was thinking to myself this guy is a moron. He def seem a little strange. And its def going to take a little longer to set with the cold weather. He already stated he doesn't want it redone. Which of course I wouldn't just do it again for nothing either. Just not even really want todeal with the whole problem Im just gonna send him half his money back. And well nothing from the tip either. It just pissed me off more than anything that it wasn't even 24 hours, and he could have just called! Oh well. Its just ashame the things we all have to deal with sometimes.

I never....never......never.... let them watch me tint. Learned that lesson a LONG time ago. Tell them it's insurance b.s, or whatever, just getem in the waiting area. I've told a few custy's, when they won't stop pushing, it makes me "anxious" when someone stands over my shoulder. You don't want me "anxious" while I'm working on your car....... now do you?? :thumb

Good luck to ya, should make him show you the car tho.

Yeah most usually drop it off. I really don't have a waiting area which stinks. Ive been looking around for a bigger place. But I do hate when someone is watching over me but had kinda no choice then. Oh well its done an over with. Oh im def making him show me the car before I go ahead with anything. Thanks for thelp and letting me b*tch. haha

this is kind of on topic but ive been thinking today actually what happens if a customer says yes tint my car in 35% you then tint the car write out the invoice then they tell you they didnt want 35% and refuse to pay the invoice ?

do you guys get the customer to sign anything before the job stating what film they want on the car ?

and if a customer refuses to pay do you just rip all the film off and send them on their way and just suffer the cost of the film and time ?

I want to be prepared for these a$$hole customers haha

Archived