Visible light penetration

Guest Muntsman

Guest Muntsman

I am getting the windows on my 08 Impala tinted but do not want to get anything too dark. The tint on my 98 LeSabre was too dark to suit me at night since I found it hard to get used to seeing vehicles at intersections. I am thinking that I want 35% vlp but am wondering if I will have the same issue. The installer mentioned that this is about the same shade of darkness as what I would see on the back windows of an suv or van with factory tinted windows. Is this correct?

The next grade of vlp is 50%. Is this even worth getting? What I really want is to keep the heat out and reduce the glare. I am not looking for privacy or to look cool.

Thanks for the input.

the rear on vans, suvs, and trucks with FACTORY glass is around 20% VLTransmission. If you had tint film on the LeSabre then you need to find out what you had on it and go lighter if you thought it was too dark.

Glare is directly related to the amount of visible light. If you want a light film that will hold back heat then you should look at the ceramic films. There are several that can be found.

I personally don't think that a 35% film is all that dark, and that is the lightest I offer. A large part in you choice will be the legal limit for where you are.

Archived