Film is Curling

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the windows have rubber gaskets you can just shove tooth picks under the gasket and it will hold the film down until it cures to the glass.

Great idea! we used to use a little scotch tape in the upper corners.

Uumm I don't know boys, sounds a bit tacky if ya ask me.... not to mention how scared you made your customers....? :tantrum

try not to work the areas in direct sun. I know sometimes its unavoidable but you have to try. in direct sun is where you get most of your curling so just keep an eye on it. its been happening to me for at least 5 years, but rarely. just hang around and push it back dry. if you have to leave run a bead of elmers glue that we use for matrix. whenever I do really big and high uppers, I dab some elmers in the corners and here and there around the window. it would suck to have to get the ladder out AGAIN just to push it down, or worse yet redo it only 2 days later.

Guest Sprinter

yea I could just see it now excuse me mr customer but I have to remove my tooth picks I put on the top of your film so it would'nt peel off the glass cuse me while I get my ladder........

try not to work the areas in direct sun. I know sometimes its unavoidable but you have to try. in direct sun is where you get most of your curling so just keep an eye on it. its been happening to me for at least 5 years, but rarely. just hang around and push it back dry. if you have to leave run a bead of elmers glue that we use for matrix. whenever I do really big and high uppers, I dab some elmers in the corners and here and there around the window. it would suck to have to get the ladder out AGAIN just to push it down, or worse yet redo it only 2 days later.

I think this maybe the solution! I just did a big flat glass job and windows that I did in the morning when the sun wasn't facing me sealed off fine ,but the windows that the sun was beating in on while I was installing seemed to curl alittle and I had to go back and check to make sure they stayed down! I was using llumar's n1020!

Guest Texstar
If the windows have rubber gaskets you can just shove tooth picks under the gasket and it will hold the film down until it cures to the glass.

Great idea! we used to use a little scotch tape in the upper corners.

Is this when you were working on them yourself or "your wifes" company :evileye

Archived