Film is Curling

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
use hot water and pay attention to the temperature of the glass and the temp of your film. If it is a wide variation I say there is a reason you are posting this in December.

:lol2

What out for drafts on the film too...

Don't glue down CDF it looks bad and will fail in time. :lol2

cdf is water activated, if the water evaporates out too fast the adhesive doesnt have achance to even tack up and it curls off
lower pain has bitten me a time or 3 :lol2 winter time light on the soap/ slippery cut in half :lol2

both pains of glass are clean. will apply and cut the lower pain first, squeege the film to the last 2', carding out the bottom, trimming the sides tight to the fram. and I dont like tint lines. allowing tha water to react to the film. apply film to the top pain , cut all 3 sides to the fram, not showing any tint lines. final squeege both pains of glass at the same time, and dry them at the same time, making shure that thay are both are thourghly dryed in, might want do it 2 times on the bottom lower glass. it's better being safe than sorry, don't want no probs/replacing film bottom pain allway's has a drainage problem? allways strech/ squeege film sideways, dont let the fingers gather at bottom, side to side action. the customer will never see the lower pain/bottom of the glass tint line that u carded out, that 1/16' tint line is our safty net. I have never had a prob with upper glass. but the lower glass has bitten me a couple times. no more problems

After talking with lulu they recomended installation of their products be done only when glass is cool.

I recomend the "chicken dance" while you babysit your install. Or just use another product!

How many times have we heard that anything else is inferior to lulu while they constantly restructure

the "chicken dance"? Is it a corporate challenge to learn to keep a straight face? or is it really meant to

actually believe in poor attitude?

Lie, Deny and stick to it, or not stick at all.

use hot water and pay attention to the temperature of the glass and the temp of your film. If it is a wide variation I say there is a reason you are posting this in December.

:twocents

Don't glue down CDF it looks bad and will fail in time. :rollin

I dont put glue under the film, just a dab after its installed on the edge just in case. the glue will normally dry and hold down the film from curling. I do this on uppers cuz I dont want to go back up there and push it down. on normal level ones I just watch and push down until set.

Guest vclimber

Don't glue down CDF it looks bad and will fail in time. :shock

I dont put glue under the film, just a dab after its installed on the edge just in case. the glue will normally dry and hold down the film from curling. I do this on uppers cuz I dont want to go back up there and push it down. on normal level ones I just watch and push down until set.

I'd stay away from glue altogether and try other methods... it's just one more thing that is going to go wrong or show up especially at night.

spraying a bit of pure alcohol would make the curling edges lay down on a film like that. I find myself doing this when it happens mostly in the winter cooler seasons.

Archived